Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

9006 Fog Lights - Yellow

I need to know what works best - I've owned a set of Nokya and most recently a set of RECON Solar yellow from Stylin Trucks.com The Nokya have the best color as the RECONs dont have as much as a yellow color(higher on the kelvon scale by a little) Problem is the Nokya's burn out too fast.

Is there a better, brighter,longer lasting bulb..anyone have experience with the PIAA? Or is HID kit the best route? I am looking for functionality, not just a cool looking hue.

Thanks people !
    2008 WRX, Lightening Red, Premium Package 1 | STi ShortThrow | Sport Grille | 3000K Light Werkz HID kit | Cobb shifter Bushings | XXR 518 18.5 Gold | Eibach front/rear sway bars | ERZ Performance Dual CBE | Cobb AP | IHI VF52 turbo swap | CNT Racing catted DP | TP Stage 2.52 map | Rally Armour Red Flaps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Re: 9006 Fog Lights - Yellow

nobody is using yellow fogs?
    2008 WRX, Lightening Red, Premium Package 1 | STi ShortThrow | Sport Grille | 3000K Light Werkz HID kit | Cobb shifter Bushings | XXR 518 18.5 Gold | Eibach front/rear sway bars | ERZ Performance Dual CBE | Cobb AP | IHI VF52 turbo swap | CNT Racing catted DP | TP Stage 2.52 map | Rally Armour Red Flaps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I am using OPTICS bulbs for a year now no problems and I drive the STi mostly at night so 10k miles of night driving. Maybe you should look into them?
    "It doesn't matter if your car is the fastest on the race-track. It's a different story on the streets, your car has to be fun, fast, and safe in any road condition." --- Keiichi Tsuchiya

I'm running a 3k DDM kit with yellow lamin-x overlays. Have been on the car for ~10k miles with no issues. Slightly more expensive than just running bulbs but the setup is great.

Posting to subscribe. I just put in the Nokyas for the time being. They do the job so far, but only been a week or two.

OPTICS bulbs? anymore info, vendor web add?

I am useing the Nokya yellows and have used them before in my HEMI RAM fogs and never had a problem, just make sure you clean off the bulbs and use a little vaseline or electrical grease on the connection/plug. They are awsome when you hit the high-beams. I hate the look of standard bulbs as drl's.
    I know you're entertained.

Links