Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clutch pedal squeak (Not clutch, TOB, or linkage)

Super Moderator

Clutch pedal squeak (Not clutch, TOB, or linkage)

Soo for the last few months I've had a squeak coming from my clutch pedal, and it's been driving me CRAZY!!! First, I tried lubricating the linkage on several different occasions... Nothing! I figured it must have been coming from a bushing somewhere by the clutch pedal, but I can't trace exactly where it's coming from!! I know it's not the clutch or throw out bearing, because the noise isn't coming from the transmission itself, but you can hear it from the engine compartment by the slave cylinder. Today, I finally got around to bringing it in to get checked out under warranty... I'm lucky to have gone to a cool dealership where they overlooked my stage II mods, and checked it out! They couldn't find a noise, so they are having a Subaru rep come to check it out tomorrow! Apparently there's a known problem, where the clutch pedal assembly separates from the firewall causes squeak every time the pedal is pushed in... Sounds like if that's the problem, it's gonna be a major pain in the ass to fix!! I just wanted to keep everyone posted on the problem in case anyone else has this problem, or maybe they will have it happen to then down the road.. I'll post whatever happens when I get a call tomorrow from the dealer.. For now, I'll keep rockin the Hyundai elantra rental car haha
    Hoonigan808 likes this.
    08 Wrb Wrx - Bone Stock! - Sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    - Bought a house
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

A Pillar pods for sale!!!!----->

Miata Build --->

Re: Clutch pedal squeak (Not clutch, TOB, or linkage)

I had this same issue, but I never thought it would be that big of a problem. I just assumed that it was something that needed to be lubed. I've kind of ignored it for a while.
    '08 OBP WRX Hatch
    RallyArmor UR Mudflaps, Sport Grille, SPT CBE, Tint & high hopes...

Super Moderator

It was just annoying me soo much and I'm getting close to my warranty expireing... So I figured I'd get it looked at while I still can lol
    - Bought a house

Miata Build --->

i got the same issue.. annoying.. i also have a brake pedal click.
    2009 SWP Hatch WRX ~ K&N Typhoon, Perrin LW pulley, Whiteline bushings; Prova Alcantara D steering wheel, Legacy JDM console, Pioneer 910BT, Hertz ML1600, Morel MT22, JBL MS-8

I have the same problem and it drives me crazy too. I had it checked out by a local shop and the guy played around with it for a while. The guy ended up telling me that everytime I pushed the clutch all the in the entire steering column hooked up to the firewall would shift causing the noise. He said he couldn't do anything about so I'll prolly just take it to the dealer when I get my clutch fixed.
    4Banger

REX

i remember hearing of this problem before and the dealership found a crack in the firewall. the guy posted up pics to show the crack on an old thread on this forum here somewhere. i am gonna pull back the carpet on my car when i get home from work to inspect mine. i don't have a squeak going on but i want to have a look for myself. might be the source of the noise.

Hmmmm... I thought it was just in the play in the pedal itself. Had it on the original clutch and this second clutch as well.. On mine, it sounds like it's just squeaking when I begin to depress the pedal, right as I initially press down. It doesn't squeak the entire way down, it sounds like it's only in the first 5% of the pedal push.

Very interested to see what this turns out to be!

Super Moderator

My squeak comes when the pedal is at the end of its travel, right before it bottoms out. And while you have it bottomed out, it you release a little pressure and then re-apply the pressure repeatedly, its the best way to make the noise happen. I'm anxious for the phone call today, I cant stand not having my car!!!
    - Bought a house

Miata Build --->

Super Moderator

Wow, So I got the call from subaru like 10 minutes ago... Exactly what I was scared of... They need the car for 2 weeks, and it looks like they have to rip the dashboard out. I hope I get my car back in the same condition as I dropped it off, only without the squeaky pedal. I worked as a tech at Ford for 3+ years and as a tech at Nissan for 2+ years, and i've seen my fair share of warranty hack jobs. They work on warranty jobs wrecklessly since they dont get paid well for warranty jobs. Ugh this is just really making me nervous and it really irk's me that a stupid little clutch pedal could be such a major problem. I am however, glad i'm getting it looked at NOW, rather then when it was out of warranty... This could have costed some MAJOR moolah if you have to pay for it out of pocket... Looks like I better get used to this damn Hyundai...

Moral of the story... Those of you that have this concern.. Get it checked out while you can still get it covered under warranty, and plan on not having your car for a week or 2 if the problem is the same as mine. This 2 weeks is gonna kill me.....
    - Bought a house

Miata Build --->

I have the clutch squeak too when I put the pedal in. It seems to only make the squeak when the engine is cold.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Links