Subaru WRX Forums banner

Another 2015 Subaru WRX Photo Leaked

29K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  gotbeef 
#1 ·

Could the car above be what we have all been waiting on? Time will tell.

There is a countdown to the live stream of the reveal at the LA Auto Show here: 2015 Subaru WRX | LA Auto Show 2013

Subaru of America said:
THE 2013
L.A. AUTO SHOW
ALLOW US TO REINTRODUCE OURSELVES

A lot of people think they know what the WRX is all about. But, on November 20 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, we're going to show you something new. What it's never been. What it's always been.

Meet the all-new 2015 Subaru WRX. Everything from the chassis down to the lug nuts works together to give you jaw-dropping handling. It wasn't enough to simply turn your knuckles white; we wanted to keep them that way. This car not only moves you, but also accelerates us into the next generation of WRX. Nobody has ever built anything like it. Ourselves included.

See less See more
#3 ·
Im still having mixed feelings about the concept and the new wrx/sti even though we''ve seen the pix from the testing fields. Especially the rear end..will they keep the difuser like the concept or go toyota/honda rear end like the above photo...

#5 ·
Yes let's hope they fix that!

#7 ·
Maybe if they release like a Premium STI edition I could see that happening. Gotta thing production costs involved

#9 ·
I think most of on here have a common dislike for the design.

#13 ·
Man oh man...this is disappointing. I feel like we've came full circle like what happened with the 08' WRX. That shizz looked as soft as a pillow, and took 3 years for it to grow some balls and adopt the STi widebody flare. I'm interested in how much sportier the STi will look. Well, I at least hope that it'll look more sporty than that damn Subaru Camryollaccord.

#17 ·
arg new things look bad. we only like how old things look even though we thought they looked bad when they were new.

its looks like every WRX as looked(aside from 08-10) an impreza with overly aggressive body lines and a hood scoop

#18 ·
My initial reaction is, I don't hate it. It looks very much like some sort of cross between a Civic and a Corolla, which isn't great. But I'll wait to make a real judgement until I see some actual photos/see it in person. It's hard to tell with no actual full side or 3/4 shots that have been optimized for a magazine.

#19 ·
haha everyone hated the 08 wrx which is my first subaru oh well I've grown to love it

#22 · (Edited)
Eh, I didn't buy mine in the first place for the looks... The real question is will it handle and will it be fast. Few things I noticed as I looked at photos of the Forester's 2.0 turbo engine...

1. Turbo is mounted low - which means shorter "up pipe" and associated positives/negatives
2. Turbo looks like it'll have new flanges for cold side (intake and intercooler) - aftermarket turbo concerns
3. Turbo's hot side flanges look the same
4. Turbo has a dedicated oil sump - aftermarket turbo concerns
5. Piping to intercooler is much longer - FMIC like behavior??
6. Direct injection - aftermarket injector concerns

I am happy that they made a stiffer car, turbo spools sooner, supposedly more efficient (based on 2013/2014 JDM Legacy 2.0GT claims - even with 296hp)

If you want to check out the photos yourself
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2840/PageID/5582/Nerds-Eye-View-2012-LA-Auto-Show.aspx

One thing they don't mention is the weight... I would be disappointed if the new WRX weighs any more than the current one...
One more day to go until Subaru releases more info...

#23 ·
I expected a dual-clutch transmission of some kind; using the CVT as such feels like a trick. I guess they need to test if more people goes for the paddles, but it's kind of stupid against a 6 speed manual. I think Subaru is very late on bringing a dual-clutch (I think they used one for the WRC races), Mitsubishi already did, and VW too. I think they did good with the engine, same hp with less volume equals economy, and better rpm response means better performance. Although they should've managed lower rpms for torque, something others have done, and a preference since the AWD system is a heavy load. Regarding the looks, they should've taken some bits from the concept car; a more aggressive front fascia with the straight cut scoop, would've been cool. Also, there's not enough flare on the rear fenders, which makes it look bland. I would tell people to wait for the STI looks and see if the WRX inherits something better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.