Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top vs Side feed injectors

I see that most everyone has top feed inhectors when they upgrade there turbo, so my question is what is the main difference beween top and side feed? I know we have side feed now, why cant I buy bigger side feed and have the same gains as top feed?
    Built Motor, GT35r, 500whp when I ran out of fuel.

Re: Top vs Side feed injectors

We have topfeeds. The pre-07 STIs have sidefeed
    2009 WRX Sedan | Forman Custom Rotated GTX3076R Kit | Gruppe-S EL Header | TiAL 44mm EWG | Reversed STI Manifold | Invidia CBE | Perrin FMIC | Aquamist HFS-3 | Tarmac2 Coils | Stoptech 328x28mm BBK | Rota Grids 18x8.5 | 255/35/18 Star Specs | Whiteline 24/22 | Carputer | N-1 CS Lip |

so since I bought a bigger turbo and a front mount do I just need to buy a bigger set of top feeds to supply the extra fuel? Or do I need new fuel rails and new injectors?

Just bigger top feeds and a fuel pump will be just fine. What turbo did you buy?

And to be completely honest, if you are asking these types of questions, it would be BEST if you do some more research and educate yourself first. There's a lot more than just throwing on a bigger turbo...lots of things can pop up that you don't anticipate and realize.

Just throwing that out there.
    2009 WRX Sedan | Forman Custom Rotated GTX3076R Kit | Gruppe-S EL Header | TiAL 44mm EWG | Reversed STI Manifold | Invidia CBE | Perrin FMIC | Aquamist HFS-3 | Tarmac2 Coils | Stoptech 328x28mm BBK | Rota Grids 18x8.5 | 255/35/18 Star Specs | Whiteline 24/22 | Carputer | N-1 CS Lip |

I bought a td06 20g, I am gonna take it down to minneapolis to Modern Automotive Performance to get a tune after I install it and get my intercooler, injectors, and fuel pump in.
    And chongl isnt the point of having a forum is to get answers and ask questions? I did research before I asked it here but people from other sites all say wrx are side feeds and you got to upgrade to a top feed, also just because I am to lazy to put all my parts in my signature dont mean I dont got them. I got everything you do but the header and up pipe. If something where to blow subi should build it stronger is my thinking, thats the reason why I didnt take any warranties other then the standard one. If it breaks, its weak and I can always buy a better one

Yes the point of having a forum is to get answers and questions. But if your searching uncovered that WRXs use side feeds, that causes some concern.

I don't care what parts you have...my point is again that if through your thorough searching, you came to the conclusion that you needed side feed injectors, you should do some better research before dropping in a bigger turbo. You may have more knowledge than your posts seem to exclaim, but it's never a bad idea on my part to stress extra caution for someone upgrading a turbo.

Lastly, if it blows it's not Subaru's fault they didn't build it stronger. They build their stuff to handle 265hp. With anymore than that, the onus is on YOU.

I've built little honda and some mitsushities from the bottom end up so I know the motor should be built and stuff can always go wrong. On other sites people ask the same question and they get responses that say only STI's have top feed and wrx only have side feed with an upgradable top feed option. Others say the opposite and no one has a for sure answer or no one wants to correct someone else.

04-06 STI - Sidefeed
    02-Present WRX AND 07+ STI - Topfeed

Quote Originally Posted by chongl View Post
    04-06 STI - Sidefeed
    02-Present WRX AND 07+ STI - Topfeed

Just to re-enforce, checked my 08 WRX. Definitely top feed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links