Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 wrx w/ Cobb stage 2 Overboost issue.

Perrin Catted downpipe
    Perrin Cat back
    STOCK intake Filter
    Forge BPV running a yellow spring (15-23PSI)

I did some datalog, and although they are not till redline, i still logged them and noticed that i am fairly above the boost target i should be. The man log i did i knocked out 18.7 PSI top, tapering down. but the mini log i did, where i just floored it WOT from a cruise, i hit 19.43 max.

Can anyone else help me out and look at my maps? is there any other issues other than the overboost? i DO hear a light pitched howl at WOT and max boost so that's another oddity.

Datalog 1 is the normal 3krpm and up
    Datalog 3 is the overboost i caught

(I'm sorry but I'm posting this at work on my phone so I can't upload the maps onto here, so I'll have the link to the cobbforums thread till I gr home tomorrow night.)

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/sho...2-overboosting

------------------------------

also, took the advise from Cobb and installed the LWG version of the stage 2 map. Here's what I've found:

Well I installed the LWG map and all was good untill this morning. I hit 18.3 psi and if i recall correctly it should be at 16.8 with an acceptance of +/- 0.8. I did a datalog but it was on my way to work (where I am now) and I won't be able to upload it here until tomorrow. Temps were 44 degree outside. I asked Perrin if the downpipe might be restricing the wastegate at all and they said that should not be an issue. I do hear a wierd noise at times under full boost that sounds like a howl, might be normal for a downpipe tho I'm no sure.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
    Rob

Re: 2010 wrx w/ Cobb stage 2 Overboost issue.

What octane are you running 91?
    The 93 targets are right in-line with those targets. Also, if you are running the Perrin dp with the cat closer to the turbo than the COBB then your exhaust gases are flowing faster than the COBB unit so your boost will be higher.
    "It doesn't matter if your car is the fastest on the race-track. It's a different story on the streets, your car has to be fun, fast, and safe in any road condition." --- Keiichi Tsuchiya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by TougeMonster View Post
    The 93 targets are right in-line with those targets. Also, if you are running the Perrin dp with the cat closer to the turbo than the COBB then your exhaust gases are flowing faster than the COBB unit so your boost will be higher.
    I'm running a 93 OCT map with 93 OCT gas. Am I safe then? Should I worry about the overboost?

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    I'm running a 93 OCT map with 93 OCT gas. Am I safe then? Should I worry about the overboost?
    Target boost for stage 2 is 17.8 +-.8 so you are fine. Keep running the LWG map.
    "It doesn't matter if your car is the fastest on the race-track. It's a different story on the streets, your car has to be fun, fast, and safe in any road condition." --- Keiichi Tsuchiya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Target boost for stage 2 is 17.8 +-.8 so you are fine. Keep running the LWG map.
    target boost for LWG map is 16.8 I hit 18.3

target boost for non LWG is 17.8 I hit 20.3

target boost for LWG map is 16.8 I hit 18.3

target boost for non LWG is 17.8 I hit 20.3
    The target boost for 93oct for either map is 17.8. The different boost targets are dictated by octane numbers and not by wastegate mapping. I think you may have read the documentation for 91oct by accident.

Here is the text:

Stage2 91 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    a turbo-back exhaust with a high-flow catalytic converter, and STOCK INTAKE SYSTEM
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 91 or 92 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~16.8psi tapering
    down to ~14psi by the 7000 RPM redline.

Stage2 93 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    a turbo-back exhaust with a high-flow catalytic converter, and STOCK INTAKE SYSTEM
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 93 or 94 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~17.8psi tapering
    down to ~14.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline.

Here is the text:

[b]Stage2 91 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 91 or 92 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~[b]16.8psi tapering

[b]Stage2 93 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 93 or 94 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~[b]17.8psi tapering

Right but the lwg is lower boost same octane

Here is the text:

[b]Stage2 91 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 91 or 92 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~[b]16.8psi tapering

[b]Stage2 93 MTv102 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2010 Subaru WRX MT vehicle running
    WITH STOCK AIR FILTER ONLY. 93 or 94 octane fuels. Boost Targets: ~[b]17.8psi tapering

Open up the map. Target boost for both maps is the same. The WGD cycles are different.

Here is the text:

Open up the map. Target boost for both maps is the same. The WGD cycles are different.
    you are right. Where did I read it was supposed to be 16.5 or 16.8?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links