Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Firewall Weld break information Needed.

Hey gang got an appointment monday for my squeaking shifting clutch/brake pedal assembly while it still covered under warranty. Gone through most of the threads and only found one reference number. The service writer seemed really cool about it and likes to mod subaru's himself. They are just asking for any information I can bring them about this issue. Feel free to PM me if you dont wanna give those reference numbers(or TSB numbers) out on the web. Thanks in advance.

2500bhp Monster zulukingcrowned's Avatar

Re: Firewall Weld break information Needed.

Same here please, plan to leave the car at the dealership while I'm away. Out of warranty, but it is covered from them failing to fix it while under.

Below is a service request number posted by a fellow member here who had the firewall cracks due to a faulty pressure plate. This may not be EXACTLY what the dealer is asking for but it's in their language and it's something that will come from their system. If the dealer doesn't have direct access to it they will need to call SOA to get the details.

1-1314191435

I gave this info to the rep from SOA I've been working with and that got the dealer the info they needed. I suggest you send an email to them through their website just so you have them in the loop. I can post my service request number too if they fix everything. They are supposed to be taking my car to the body shop the end of this week for a look see.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    2008 WRB WRX Hatch |TBE |ID 1000's | Blouch 20G | FMS TMIC | Grimmspeed ECBS | Perrin Short Shifter w/ bushings | Rally Armor Mudflaps | Turbo Tek Tuned by Ray Arroyo 370ish WHP/ 380ish WTQ @ 22psi on e85 | BC Racing BR coilovers | Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings |

Quote Originally Posted by curt5446 View Post

Below is a service request number posted by a fellow member here who had the firewall cracks due to a faulty pressure plate. This may not be EXACTLY what the dealer is asking for but it's in their language and it's something that will come from their system. If the dealer doesn't have direct access to it they will need to call SOA to get the details.

1-1314191435

I gave this info to the rep from SOA I've been working with and that got the dealer the info they needed. I suggest you send an email to them through their website just so you have them in the loop. I can post my service request number too if they fix everything. They are supposed to be taking my car to the body shop the end of this week for a look see.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    If you dont mind go ahead and send it too me please. The more info I have the better I am.

You ALL should be posting your Service Request number because even though mine has been fixed and they can reference it, it would be better for SoA to see that there are a BUNCH of people with the same issue.
    Protune - VF52 - CNT DP - Invidia Quad Q300 - PW TMIC - Forge BPV - SMY Cluster - Prosport Gauges - COBB SS - BC BR 8k/8k - Rallitek SB/EL - HIDs - RA UR Flaps - Brembo F+R Calipers - Centric High Rotors - Rota SVN 18x8.5

I had and have this problem. They 'fixed' it a while ago and now its doing it again. Unfortunately they can't hear it "enough" to warranty it again even though it is the same noise when they fixed it the first time
    -2008 silver wrx hatch-
    *Turboxs Catback *CNT Catted Downpipe *EQ Tuning tune *Rallitek Swaybars *STi spoiler *STi struts w/cobb springs *Kartboy SS *Tint *Roof Racks

At this point it almost seems easier to bolt a 1/8 steel plate to where the pedal bolts to the firewall to spread the torsional stress over a wider area...
    My ex just sent me a photo of her having sex with her new boyfriend. I sent it to her dad.

Taking it in next Thursday, so we'll see. If anyone else has got some reference numbers, I'll be submitting all the information I can.

Zulu- take some pics if you can of both the engine bay side, and of the passenger compartment side, I might be able to help you if the dealer doesnt.
    My ex just sent me a photo of her having sex with her new boyfriend. I sent it to her dad.

Oh, yeah? Alright. How so? If you're talking about bolt-in plates, I would just drag it in the shop and weld out some 1'' strips instead of those tacks.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links