JDM Power Folding Mirror swap - Page 27
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: JDM Power Folding Mirror swap

I followed this tutorial and did this swap to my 2011 Limited last week, it turned out great! I just wanted to thank those involved with the detailed write-up and easy to follow instructions, you made it realistic for me.

Thanks again.

Bringing this one back from Davey Jones Locker. I made my initial purchase of hardware (JDM mirror motors, winkers, heated glass) from Monkiboy in January 2018. After reading through the DYI threads for “JDM Power Folding Mirror Swap” and “STi Mirror Markers on 08+ Impreza” multiple times. I dove into the project two weekends ago!

Between the DYI guides and PM’s to Monkiboy with questions. I have succefully wire connected winkers, heated glass, and all mirror glass controls. However, I am two pins short at the JDM mirror switch to be able to clip in the pins, button up the dash, and call this modification a success! That being said, I have a pigtail mirror switch from a late model Forester on the way, which I hope to salvage the pins out of. Using the educated guess method on this one. The connectors look the same, so I’m hoping the pins are what I need.

All connections from the mirror to the cabin harness are OE pins through the OE connectors. Nosplicing! I choose to purchase a 2008+ Impreza door harness in order to salvage the wire and pins I needed to connect mirror heat (+) from door to mirror connector and door to cabin connector.

I thought I could use the same male and female pins in order to splice power wire from the cabin connector to the JDM switch, and I was wrong. After searching through my spare parts collection. I found. Plug with exactly four female pins I needed to make the connection from door harness to cabin harness, then run those two wires for Folding (in) and Folding (out). All said and done power to the folding mirror motor does work, however, the pin connector is different yet again! No the less, the challenging part of the install is complete.

Now a lesson in patients, as I wait for parts.

Thank you to all involved in the threads mentioned above. I was the combined effort of all, who made this DIY mod a success. Clean install without any vampire clips is possible, when diligence is applied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 WRX 5-door (Base)/OEM foglights/(Bilstein)GTWORX/RCE Blacks/Perrin Sways 25(F)22(R)/Rallitek endlinks/WL Anti-lift/Group N engine&tans/SPT SS/WL F&R shift bushings/WL steering rack/WL subframe F&R/Perrin TMIC/Perrin CAI/Perrin DP/SPT CBE/Cobb crank pulley/Surgline Tim Bailey Pro Tune 310awhp&331awtq @ 18psi/Red&smoked taillight overlays/Badge overlay/Summer:Tarmac 3 Hyper Black 18X8/ Winter: 00-01 2.5rs 6-spokes/OEM 09+ Forester hitch mount

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Links