passenger dashboard vent
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

passenger dashboard vent

Vent has disconnected from housing. Is there a way to reconnect without taking apart the dashboard?
    Thanks in advance.

Can you not get at it by popping off your side plates to your dash and then popping loose the silver trim strip that goes across the dash horizontally? If you open your door and look on the side of the dash, unscrew and pop off the piece. Then you will have access to the screws that hold on the silver dash strip. The silver strip comes off pretty easy with a little gusto but sounds like you just need to undo the screws on the far side of the dash for the silver strip and get to the vent behind it. I've had mine off several times doing stereo work and such. It's not full access to the venting but, it does remove the air director and get you to the actual piping behind it, sort of

Just a thought, hope you get it!
    My list:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    merc* has it exactly right. while really simple and less than five minutes to do, if you have any questions or need images, your FSM has the detailed directions and photos last time i scanned through quickly. use it, it's your friend!

You get'er?
    My list:

My son has car now so I'll have to wait to get it back to attempt. Thanks for the follow-up

Then you will have access to the screws that hold on the silver dash strip. The silver strip comes off pretty easy with a little gusto but sounds like you just need to undo the screws on the far side of the dash for the silver strip and get to the vent behind it. I've had mine off several times doing stereo work and such. It's not full access to the venting but, it does remove the air director and get you to the actual piping behind it, sort of.???

Links