PERRIN Performance OFFICIAL 3GWRX Product and Technical Q&A Thread
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

PERRIN Performance OFFICIAL 3GWRX Product and Technical Q&A Thread

Hey 3G guys and gals,

This thread is for any tech and product questions you might have. I will do my best to answer em, and I can grab Jeff Perrin and Chris Cone to help out as well!

WE have always enjoyed sharing our knowledge with like minded Subaru enthusiasts. This thread will allow you to ask nearly anything and we will answer your questions as clearly and honestly as we can.

I only ask that hate, and bashing stay off this thread! Lets keep it clean and helpful!

So post em up!

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Adam Taft
    PERRIN Performanceび「
    503.693.1702 Ex. 110
    て「
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

て「

Super Moderator

Re: PERRIN Performance OFFICIAL 3GWRX Product and Technical Q&A Thread

Do you guys have a STEALTH catback for the 08-10 WRX hatchback in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    Do you guys have a STEALTH catback for the 08-10 WRX hatchback in the works?
    We did have one for the car. Recently ran out of stock, so off the web for a bit. Should be back soon!

Adam Taft
    PERRIN Performanceび「
    503.693.1702 Ex. 110
    て「

て「

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

"I had your perrin bpv installed on my car and the fit wasnt too good. Im not good with names but the recirc tube was stretch to the point where the tube was turning white. Is this supposed to do that? It seems that the bov tube was too big for the recirc tube. I took the car to subaru and had them replace the tube for me because it was ruined and then returned back to the stock bpv. Help pleasee!!"

Thanks for asking!

What I ALWAYS recommend on ANY PERRIN product is e-mail or call us immediately when you have a problem. How can we fix things if we don't know you are having a problem?

From what you have said, none of that should be a problem. PM me or PERRIN_Chris with your contact info, so we can get this resolved ASAP!

Thanks for the business!

Adam Taft
    PERRIN Performanceび「
    503.693.1702 Ex. 110
    て「

て「

I'm just gonna reserve a spot on here for when that Blow Thru piping is done........that is all!
    08 OBP Hatch - <b>Torqued Performance</b> Stage ? on E85 355WHP/405WTQ
    BNR-68HTA, Invidia DP & CBE, Perrin FMIC, ELH & CAI, BC Coilovers 8K F/R, Rallitek Track Spec Sways and endlinks, and too much else to list!!

Quote Originally Posted by PERRIN_Adam View Post

"I had your perrin bpv installed on my car and the fit wasnt too good. Im not good with names but the recirc tube was stretch to the point where the tube was turning white. Is this supposed to do that? It seems that the bov tube was too big for the recirc tube. I took the car to subaru and had them replace the tube for me because it was ruined and then returned back to the stock bpv. Help pleasee!!"

Thanks for asking!

What I ALWAYS recommend on ANY PERRIN product is e-mail or call us immediately when you have a problem. How can we fix things if we don't know you are having a problem?

From what you have said, none of that should be a problem. PM me or PERRIN_Chris with your contact info, so we can get this resolved ASAP!

Thanks for the business!
    Nick, what year and model of car do you have? The 02-07 WRX or 04- current STi recirc is designed to use stock 90 degree fitting off the OEM BOV to connect to your recirc hose You would then slip the recirc hose over to connect back the the turbo inlet hose. The 08+ WRX includes an adapter that screws into the bottom of the bov body, and it's designed so the OEM hose shouldn't have a problem slipping over that.

Hey guys,
    Great service from Adam and Chris. Got the stage 1 mapping for your intake. Just thought i'd post this question here. I installed the intake, which is oiled, and was wondering how much "cleaning" per say you guys did on the filter? I wiped it down pretty good, especially the plastic parts where the clamps would be. As well, you guys recomend cleaning the MAF with some normal MAF cleaner and a few thousand miles? thanks
    cheers
    Bryan
    I F**CKIN' LOVE BANANAS

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanwrx View Post
    Hey guys,
    Great service from Adam and Chris. Got the stage 1 mapping for your intake. Just thought i'd post this question here. I installed the intake, which is oiled, and was wondering how much "cleaning" per say you guys did on the filter? I wiped it down pretty good, especially the plastic parts where the clamps would be. As well, you guys recomend cleaning the MAF with some normal MAF cleaner and a few thousand miles? thanks
    cheers
    Bryan
    As long as you did a quick wipe down and thoroughly cleaned off the mounting surface, you should be good to go. As for cleaning the MAF its not a bad idea BUT make sure you use the CORRECT cleaner AND follow the directions...just dont spray and pray
    John Leitl
    Sales Manager

The instructions that came with my wagons cat back exhaust mentions something about a silencer... But I don't see anything on your website?
    2010 WRX SSM Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PERRIN_Adam View Post

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the business!
    Nick, what year and model of car do you have? The 02-07 WRX or 04- current STi recirc is designed to use stock 90 degree fitting off the OEM BOV to connect to your recirc hose You would then slip the recirc hose over to connect back the the turbo inlet hose. The 08+ WRX includes an adapter that screws into the bottom of the bov body, and it's designed so the OEM hose shouldn't have a problem slipping over that.

I have an 08 and bought the bov for an 08 wrx. The bolting on was perfect but the tube stretched a lot. I still love your company haha
    08 WRX: Invidia N1 Race, CNT Catless downpipe, Grimmspeed EBCS, Torque Performance Tuned, Perrin F/R Swaybars, Perrin F/R Endlinks, Cobb SS

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links