DCCD InstallCOBB Exhaust:As an update, I did install mine. Most of the stuff that I feel should have been pre-wired to work, had to be re-wired. Ended up taking a couple hours extra (taking my time and trying to do it all properly). Here are some photos:
This is how it looks from DCCD Pro:
The suggested mounting location for the box is on the beam in the knee area under the driver's side dash (under the steering wheel). With the box in this location the DCCD switches are probably ~6" short from reaching the cutouts in the 08+ center console. I'm guessing they probably do reach on the older models. The bare wires are also a bit too short to reach the ECU and the DCCD solenoid on the tranny.
Here are some of the photos I took while I was modifying things:
The photo below shows how I cut the casing back about 6" on the bare wires. This is because the power/ground go the opposite direction from the e-brake, TPS, and DCCD wires, and splitting them off sooner would give me a little more to work with. I added a piece of heat shrink to seal the casing just like it comes from DCCD Pro. It ended up not really helping enough in all cases, but more on that further down.
Next I added in about a foot of cable inline with the DCCD switches. I unscrewed the terminal blocks and soldered on the extensions there. The wire I added has the blue casing. I reused the terminal blocks even though I'm not a big fan. But if that's how it comes from DCCD Pro then it will hopefully be good enough. I'd love to see socketed connectors coming out of the box itself. Note that I did put a larger heat shrink over these soldered connections. You can see it in subsequent photos.
This photo shows the other ends of the extensions. They are bare wires that have been tinned and heat shrunk around the casing. These are inserted into the terminal blocks.
Here's the wiring prior to attaching the switches:
Here is the full assembly:
I did have to solder one of the existing wires back onto the connector inside the DCCD switch. The solder joint from DCCD Pro broke off during handling. Soldering these is quite difficult, but apparently it is very hard to acquire the other side of the connector, so there isn't much of any other option.
I did not take any other install photos, but I did find that the wire to the ECU was not long enough and had to extend that one by about a foot as well. The wire to the e-brake was fine. The wire to the accel sensor was fine. The wires to the DCCD solenoid on the tranny will not reach all the way to the solenoid, but if you clip the wires for the solenoid a bit further away, then you do have room to connect to the wires from the DCCD Pro.
Overall it was quite an extensive install. I find electrical work takes a long time, and this was no exception. The most frustrating part was that a huge portion of my work could have been avoided if the DCCD Pro simply came with 1 ft longer wires. This would take zero extra time/effort for them to do and would have a very minimal cost impact.
Here are some shots in the cabin:
So far, so good. I haven't pushed it hard, but I have done some parking lot testing of the manual open/lock vs. auto vs. e-brake pulled and all of those functions do seem to be working great. I will have to push the car a bit more to get into playing with the auto setting. I just have it in the middle for now.