TP stage 3 dyno Numbers
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TP stage 3 dyno Numbers

Hey guy the title might be a bit misleading but I am looking for guys that are running Eric stage 3 that have had it on a Dyno.

I have been running the stage 3 for about 3 months now and I want to do a custom tune and toss some bigger injectors due to the duty cycle on the stocks being pretty much maxed out. I reached out to AWD tuning in TX and they said with my set up on 93oct with new injectors i would get about 270whp on their dyno (mustang).

Does this sound low to anyone else? I have seen guys on OTS maps stage 2 putting out those numbers. I would like to see real dyno graph's and no virtual. i have done virtual myself. I just do not have a good local shop to get a pull done I could trust without driving 5 hours or more.

Thanks

My set now is.
    TP stage 3 map
    Grimmspeed EBCS
    NGK one step Colder plugs
    DW65 fuel pump
    Invdia Catless DP
    FMS TMIC.

have DW 850cc injectors that will go on when I get a pro tune.
    2011 SSM Limited. Stage 3 TP
    2011 Premium TP Stage 2, Cobb SRI, Nameless AxleBack Exhaust.~sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Super Moderator
    from the other builds on here that seems low even on 93oct....
    08WRX, TP Stage2, "Thou shalt not go stage 2 if thou hasn't installedeth a downpipe, unless thy wantest a checketh engine light. Lo, thou who installedeth a downpipe and has not tunedeth to stage 2 shall face thine engine's wrath, for thy dash shall become illuminated and proclaim "Hark, thou hast slain me", so sayeth the ECU."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan808 View Post
    from the other builds on here that seems low even on 93oct....

Agree. I know all Dyno's are different, but I have seen some stage 2 guys on Mustangs OTS putting 270's down. A local guy on a dynojet with Eric's stage 2 put down 283whp last spring. I was hoping to be close to or above 300whp once I put injectors and got a custom tune. For those numbers I can get Plano Cobb to do a conservative tune if i wanted 270whp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

have you talked to eric about new injectors? Injectors arent the limiting factor in your setup.
    :: 08 OBP sedan | TP 3.52 | VF52 | TurboXS FMIC | EBCS | CNT Downpipe | Invidia Q300 | Walbro | KStech 73mm MAF | Group-N Mounts | Whiteline Bushings all around ::

Quote Originally Posted by Onsit View Post
    have you talked to eric about new injectors? Injectors aren't the limiting factor in your setup.

I did a few weeks back when I questioned my injector duty cycle was between 100-110 WOT on a pull, I know there are other factors, but I got a killer deal on DW850cc's and figured once I install them I will need a pro tune so I want to look at options and get some idea's on numbers. I know with e85 300+ is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    I did a few weeks back when I questioned my injector duty cycle was between 100-110 WOT on a pull, I know there are other factors, but I got a killer deal on DW850cc's and figured once I install them I will need a pro tune so I want to look at options and get some idea's on numbers. I know with e85 300+ is easy.
    And i'm sure that Eric informed you that that increase in duty cycle is a spike in the ECU that is not in the slightest bad.

The ecu unnecessarily adds extra fuel when load is quickly increasing(boost going up) so although it hit as high as 106 it really didn't need that much fuel, unfortunately there is no way to tune it out. SO in your case, on the shift and boost went up the ecu unnecessarily adds fuel there. so the IDC is higher then it should be.
    Do understand that Eric's tunes are very very good, and chances are the money you will waste on a protune will yield you very minimal results for the cost. The money you wasted on larger injectors blindly, could have been spent on EL headers.

Adding 850cc injectors will not give you any increase in power, unless you switch to E85. Also it is worth mentioning 850cc injectors are way too low for E85 (close to 95% DTC on E85). So really... your tuner lied to you into buying new injectors, and to earn your business with a tune. GG.
    Last edited by Onsit; 01-17-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    :: 08 OBP sedan | TP 3.52 | VF52 | TurboXS FMIC | EBCS | CNT Downpipe | Invidia Q300 | Walbro | KStech 73mm MAF | Group-N Mounts | Whiteline Bushings all around ::

Quote Originally Posted by Onsit View Post
    And i'm sure that Eric informed you that that increase in duty cycle is a spike in the ECU that is not in the slightest bad.

Do understand that Eric's tunes are very very good, and chances are the money you will waste on a protune will yield you very minimal results for the cost. The money you wasted on larger injectors blindly, could have been spent on EL headers.

Adding 850cc injectors will not give you any increase in power, unless you switch to E85. Also it is worth mentioning 850cc injectors are way too low for E85 (close to 95% DTC on E85). So really... your tuner lied to you into buying new injectors, and to earn your business with a tune. GG.
    Onsit, I do realize and know that injectors alone will not increase power. And to clear it up, no tuner made me buy new injectors at all to earn any business. The injectors were something from a local buddy since his motor is getting re done. I already have 2 guys willing to buy/trade for them. Which I most likely will be doing.

i know Eric tunes are good. I have been running them on 2 cars now. But my direction and goal surpasses his stage 3 ots map. Either way I need to get a baseline done on this tune to determine where I am who wise and what I am going to need to get more depending on what I want to spend and do. Honestly I want 300whp on pump or. Close to it.

keep in mind also that our vf-52's are only good for about 320whp. On which dyno that number pertains to I have no idea. 270whp on a mustang is more or less about 300whp on a dynojet. From my understanding the "stage 3" map is more of a made up stage. In fact I'm not exactly sure how the whole stages were defined, at this point it's more just accepted by the mass majority. The main difference between the TP stage 2 vs stage 3 from my understanding is quicker spool, and less boost loss in the upper rpm's. So I wouldn't expect a huge gain in peak hp between the 2. I asked eric this question also and he said you'd expect better response in lower gears. I copied this from the actual response that eric sent me regarding this issue (including my question about TMIC)

"WEll peak gains are around 5% over stage 2 but you do get more power in the lower gears.
    DW65C and Grimmspeed EBCS are perfect. For intercoolers, FMIC's like cheaper TurboXS clones like Fast motorsports work well. If looking to stay TMIC. The Process West and the clones of it work great. I have actually seen evidence that the clones outperform the Process West if uncoated.

There really isn't much point in upgrading injectors on a vf52 unless you have e85 available. If you do have e85 available, its completely worth it. We can get large gains in TQ and HP on it."

Also anything over 350whp you have to start thinking about jacked up ringlands and you have to start looking into forged pistons and other internal mods to handle the power. Again with which dyno these warnings are coming with I have no idea. Like others are saying I don't think injectors are necessarily an important element in the equation. Upipe, headers, external wastegate and e85 are all things that could help you reach your power goals better than injectors would. Good luck though, maybe we're all wrong. I'm confused myself, when I look at my logs I'm also maxing out my injectors (intake and DP are my only power mods running a TP stage 2 map). Also for what it's worth on Virtual Dyno I'm running around 280ish whp on a mustang dyno. Something like 320ish whp on a dynojet. Not that I consider these numbers very accurate, but at least you get the idea between the difference in dynos.
    2012 wrx swp hatch: cobb DP, cobb ss, spt front tower strut bar, whiteline 20mm rsb, rallitek rear endlinks, bilsteins, RCE blacks, AEM intake, GFB bov

Technically, I am pretty sure he can do the custom tune for you on injectors if you wanted, of course with a fee and a lot of logging/revisions. I've ran his Stage 1, 2, and 3 OTS maps, with adjustments made on 2 and 3 per some logs. I asked him about EWG tuning, and since I was already running his adjusted stage 3, he worked off that, took about 8-10 logs/revisions to get to where he liked it. Granted, injectors are different, but I do not doubt the possibility. Sadly, I never did a physical dyno, so I never knew any numbers besides virtual.
    2010 WRX 5Door - Custom TP STG3 - AEM CAI - RacerX FMIC - GS EBCS - GS 38mm EWG UP - Tial 38mm MV-S - Invidia Cat'd DP - TurboXS CBE - NGK 1Step Colder Plugs - DW 65c FP - Forge BPV

"Pockets ain't empty cuz"

what were your VD numbers?
    2012 wrx swp hatch: cobb DP, cobb ss, spt front tower strut bar, whiteline 20mm rsb, rallitek rear endlinks, bilsteins, RCE blacks, AEM intake, GFB bov

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links