JL Audio HD900/5 Mounted Under the Passenger Seat - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: JL Audio HD900/5 Mounted Under the Passenger Seat

Quote Originally Posted by SUBLURU View Post
    This will be the first car I've ever tried to sound deaden, so I have been looking at lots of options. Basically when I get back, I'll be stripping the entire interior out of my car and placing CLD Tiles on the floor pans, wheel wells, firewall, inside the doors/liftgate, and most of the hatch area. Then I am I am going to lay 1/4" Close Cell Foam on the floor, hatch area, and inside the doors. Finally I'm covering it all with Mass Loaded Vinyl to give it a nice quiet interior. I got most of my ideas from www.sounddeadenershowdown.com. They have some good advice and sell everything you need. I plan on doing a write-up on the process once I get reunited with my car.
    Any progress? Here's where I'm at:

https://www.wrxforums.com/forums/17-i...tml#post467304

Hellastock STI Hatch
    SSM - Stage 2 - 275/310tq - Cobb Access Port - Invidia Catted DP - SPT CBE -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    - Pioneer/Fosgate/Audio Integrations System -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    None yet. I'm still deployed, but I have all the parts at home waiting for me to install. Luckily I get two weeks of rest and recovery to work on the audio system and performance upgrades when I get home. I'll have to check your car out when I get off tonight. They block pictures and videos here at work.

Re: JL Audio HD900/5 Mounted Under the Passenger Seat

If you haven't already chosen the front stage, I recommend the hybrid audio imagine set. Love mine even without an amp. You'll have to modify the sail pods a bit but its doable with patience and a dremel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

2500bhp Monster zulukingcrowned's Avatar
    ^^ I was just going to recommend the same. Imagine HAT 6.5'' coaxials. They're actually designed to have the tweeters remain a part of the 6.5'' and not be installed in the sail panel. I run them and the rear JL VRs with a 300/4v2, beautiful.

I ordered all of my audio equipment about a month ago, and it's still siting in a garage waiting for me to get home to set it all up. Here is the list...

Head Unit: Pioneer AVIC x930bt (already installed)
    Amplifier: JL Audio HD 900/5
    Subwoofer: JL Audio 10W6v2
    Box: Audio Integrations Perfect Fit (Bought on the GB, thanks for setting that up Brian)
    Front Stage: JL Audio C5-650
    Rear Stage: JL Audio C5-650x
    Some 1/0 Gauge wire to complete the Big 3 and build a grounding kit
    New DC Power Engineering 180 Amp Alternator
    And some Dynamat to soak up some vibrations in the hatch area

I was seriously considering the Hybrid audio setup, but when I chose the JL Amp, I couldn't find a hybrid component set that would handle the 100W RMS that the amp is sending to the speakers, so I got the JL C5s instead. The JL has a 3/4" tweeter that should fit in the sail without modifications, which is exactly what I am looking for up there.

Dude i am totally against the amplifier under the seat because its very irritating for me specially i am also go through the same problem after that i adjust the amplifier in the back of the seat...

2500bhp Monster zulukingcrowned's Avatar
    I agree, don't like underseat either. It's a mess down there, I can just imagine all the shit getting at my amp.

I currently have a Pioneer GM-D8500M amp sitting underneath my drivers seat (I used the drivers side because in my GH, the sub box I built fits perfectly behind the left folding seat in the back, so I kept everything on the same side). The amp fits without any issue with the seat all the way lowered and the wires all run into the square factory carpet hole underneath the seat. I also have my vents underneath that seat taped up with that aluminum air duct tape so in the winter time I don't melt the internals. If you want a picture I can see about getting that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links