My setup - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My setup

Re: My setup

Jason, sounds like tyou should get some dynamat in the doors to stop it vibrating!

It does add a couple of kilo's to the car but if you are after some good sound it will help alot!

must deal with it for the moment. Thinking of saving a few grand and selling the rs for a wrx. So trying to keep the car stock ish lol

Get a Rex!! You'll love the performance gain Jason!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

at least for me, the headunit is a definite NO NO! after changing off the rims on the 2nd day of owning the car, i had the headunit changed.

Im always worried about warranty issues with stuff like that. If you gotta like rewire stuff and something stuffs up then =/

Super Moderator

yeah, i do agree with the warranty issues. it can get rather tricky when things start acting up.

warranty can be a concern, but if it is an issue for you pop into your subie service centre and see if they have an opinion on what you are doing.

If you change the headunit for example, obviously this doesnt effect your gearbox or brakes.
    As for the wiring, its not that hard any pro should be able to swap a head unit in there for you in 30mins.
    From memory the speakers were clarion? I think they are paper based cones but they are pretty good for stockas. A good headunit will help heaps.
    Good work on the 10 inch Boston, Ive loved BA since the early days when everyone had a massive install.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

the interior on a subaru is pretty badly put together, generally at low RPM's you can hear the vibration of the rear interior, even the ceiling and front dash area. they'll fix it under warrranty because it's bad manufacturing. Basically they tighten everything up so there's less movement which causes the vibrations. My uncle got his done pretty early on cos it annoyed him heaps.
    i thought it was normal (cos WRX/STI engine shakes HEAPS ) but when he told me they fixed it for free because poor make, i've been meaning to go get it fixed, but haven't had the damn time!

I've also found that the sound system in the 11+ WRX/STI have a pretty decent sound system! sorry old topic, but wanted to jump in

Sound is pretty good with these parts of modification and i also try these setup in the home and send feed back after checking the sound..which parts are the best for the high sound?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links