STI sound deadening project - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lights up when hatch opens

Hellastock STI Hatch
    SSM - Stage 2 - 275/310tq - Cobb Access Port - Invidia Catted DP - SPT CBE -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    - Pioneer/Fosgate/Audio Integrations System -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    -

Re: STI sound deadening project

Does the white part of the ring light up or is the ring back lit and reflecting off of the enclosure? Also, did you fabricate this or is there a vendor selling these? Will this work with a speaker grill installed?

I too am looking for a solution for the Audio Integrations box and lack of light for the hatch. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by BigJ; 03-11-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    2009 WRX 5-door (Base)/OEM foglights/(Bilstein)GTWORX/RCE Blacks/Perrin Sways 25(F)22(R)/Rallitek endlinks/WL Anti-lift/Group N engine&tans/SPT SS/WL F&R shift bushings/WL steering rack/WL subframe F&R/Perrin TMIC/Perrin CAI/Perrin DP/SPT CBE/Cobb crank pulley/Surgline Tim Bailey Pro Tune 310awhp&331awtq @ 18psi/Red&smoked taillight overlays/Badge overlay/Summer:Tarmac 3 Hyper Black 18X8/ Winter: 00-01 2.5rs 6-spokes/OEM 09+ Forester hitch mount

This is just something I came up with. I bought the led strips locally at a hobby show. $30.

My speaker grill would not sit flush against the speaker surround do to the design of the enclosure. This way it actually lets the light out..

Just get creative with it. The hard part is wiring the light through the box as to not have any exposed wires.
    Hellastock STI Hatch
    SSM - Stage 2 - 275/310tq - Cobb Access Port - Invidia Catted DP - SPT CBE -
    - Pioneer/Fosgate/Audio Integrations System -
    -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Nice, I was thinking about deadening and sealing the front and rear doors of my WRX, installing some some decent speakers and a 4 channel amp and calling it a day. Are there large holes in the outer door skins? I had a Ford before and the holes were so big I had to make like a scaffolding of perforated aluminum to put the deadening on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links