Nav Head Unit Stolen :( Need new hardware
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    100bhp 3G Impreza afternoondelight's Avatar

Nav Head Unit Stolen :( Need new hardware

My Pioneer AVIC head unit was stolen out of my car which was parked in my apartment buildings garage this weekend.

However, they made off with the 4 screws, so I can't install my stock unit in the mean time... does anyone know what size they are so I can find replacements?
    Crawford Catted DP - Cobb CBE - Cobb Intake - Church Automotive Testing Pro-tune - Kartboy SS & Bushings - TSW Nurburgring 18x8

Super Moderator
    jeez, sorry to hear. they aren't anything incredible. any hardware for plastic will work fine in the approximate size. if you work on your car even from time to time, i'd wager you have what you need laying around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

100bhp 3G Impreza afternoondelight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
    jeez, sorry to hear. they aren't anything incredible. any hardware for plastic will work fine in the approximate size. if you work on your car even from time to time, i'd wager you have what you need laying around.
    I might, but the bracket that holds the unit in the dash is metal and is threaded, so it does need to be correct.

I read somewhere it's an M5 so I'll run with that
    Crawford Catted DP - Cobb CBE - Cobb Intake - Church Automotive Testing Pro-tune - Kartboy SS & Bushings - TSW Nurburgring 18x8

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    oh you lost the two radio mount brackets as well. i see. it's not threaded it just mounts to the side of the headunit. the headunit itself is threaded to accept the machine screws. i thought you were talking about the screws that fasten the mounting bracket to the dash. pardon my confusion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Isn't that a suby dealer only part? I've had very competitive prices from most dealers. Might wanna give them a visit if they're near u

Same screws that holds in the vent below the radio. Take one of those screws and bring it to a hardware store. Or just use those two screws to hold in the OEM radio for the time being. That vent isn't going anywhere.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by busyychild View Post
    Same screws that holds in the vent below the radio. Take one of those screws and bring it to a hardware store. Or just use those two screws to hold in the OEM radio for the time being. That vent isn't going anywhere.
    those are the ones i thought he was talking about but he's talking about the ones that screw into the head unit themselves holding the left and right mounting bracket to the radio not the ones holding the head unit to the dash.

insurance isnt going to cover it?
    2011 dgm wrx. invidia catless dp, spt exhaust, grimmspeed ebcs, fms fmic, one step colder plugs, dw 65c fuelpump, k&n typhoon intake. rce tarmac 2s coilover. gfb bov. whiteline rear toe arms. whiteline front roll center. whiteline rear adjustable control arms. im sure theres more..

Links