amp and component questions
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question amp and component questions

I plan to amp the factory head unit on my 2013 premium without nav, and I would like to put component speakers in the front. As you can imagine, I want it to be louder and have better sound. I am not interested in a subwoofer. So two questions:

(1) My front doors have stock tweeters in the corner by the mirror and A-pillar.. Would aftermarket component tweeters install seamlessly in this location? Recommendations?

(2) If I go components in the front and coax in the rear, would a 4 channel amp be enough to run them all? or do I need 6 channels because the fronts would be component?

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by blackened; 09-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.

2500bhp Monster zulukingcrowned's Avatar
    Some aftermarket tweeters will fit. Some coaxials are designed to be entirely in the door slot, like Imagine HATs. Just depends. 4 channel.

Alpine Type R for both sets, ran those in a previous vehicle and they were great. As well as not being overly expensive they can go absurdly loud before getting tinny or muddy depending on how you have them set up. Without a sub on an amplified system id probably have mine set up something like this:
    Treb +2
    Mid -5/6 (depending on preference)
    Bass -1/+0
    - Torque Solutions Short Throw- Holy Shift Kit- Group N Trans Mount- GT SPEC Strut Brace- AEM CAI- AVO Inlet- AVO TB Hose- Grimmspeed EBCS- Invidia Catless Downpipe- APM LS Catback- APM FMIC Kit- Forge BPV- DW65c Pump- ID 1000- GS EWG Up Pipe- Tial MVS- Kitsui 6k HID Kit- SMY Cluster- AEM AFR- AEM Boost- Rally Armor Flaps- GS Heatshield- PTP Lava Blanket- 04 STi BBS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Any good 4 channel amp will do. 6.5" components with 3/4" tweeters will fill the OEM mountings. Rear door speakers are 6.5" shallow mounts. CDT makes some excellent reasonably priced components.
    2015 WRX Onyx Black Custom Bren tune, K&N intake.BBS RX 18" wheels
    Pioneer NEX4000, JL Audio C5 650, C5 650 Mid Woofers, JL Audio 10TW1-4, Alpine PDX V9, Axxess ASWC-1

Interesting suggestions here. Agreed, components will fit no problem, rear coax, and a single four channel amp. Easy as pie. Grab one of the harness adapters from AE64, add a line out converter from David Navone, and you are golden!!!

1. Most 6.5" components will fit up front. I had the Infinity Kappas and those fit but I had to trim off some plastics to get the tweeter to fit flushly.

2. Depending on what amp and what speakers you are running, a 4 channel is perfect for what you are looking for.
    10 WRX Sedan - Lighting Red | Torqued Performance Stage 2 |TurboXS Catback Exhaust | CNT Catted Downpipe | K & N CAI | Kartboy SS, Bushings, Rear Diff Bushing | Grimmspeed Heat Shield | Tint | RA Mud Flap | Goodies from Kicker, Infinity, and Pioneer
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I have alpine r series in my truck they are really good speaker

Links