the most viewed build thread, CAR FOR SALE! - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: the most viewed build thread, CAR FOR SALE!

Super Moderator

Re: monkiboy - build journal

Quote Originally Posted by krntehk View Post
    Sweet! I wanted to also ask! How did you get into Auto-x? did you just end up trying out auto-x with a friend and jumped on the wagon of fun-ness?? or were you born into a family of car fanatics, etc, etc. I ask... because I wanna try out Auto-x but since I've never done it in my life... I'm just a little shy.. HAHAHA. anyways thanks for reading and answering my questions!!
    a large group of us used to have our own "events" at open lots when i had the 240, about ten years ago, and wherever we could find the space without obstruction or too much attention being drawn to ourselves, someone smarter than me laid out a course with pylons and rubber garbage cans. much later i found out there was a legal way to go about doing what we enjoyed so much. i dropped it for a long while and now that i have the wrx and seeing all the folks on here in scca and the auto-x vids, the interest came back to me and i committed to joining and did it.

i was shy even getting back into the sport, no worries. it can definitely be intimidating but i soon found out that group of people in scca are incredibly friendly, helpful, resourceful, and are really dedicated to growing awareness of the sport. they have a great forum and a great audience of peoples at the events. check out scca.com and look up your region. talk to the recruiting coordinator and i'm sure you'll be hooked. it's really cheap, usually around seventy bucks for a year membership and each event is anywhere from 15-30 bucks. this is dependent on your region. you'll have a blast and progressively just learn more and more and again the folks involved, as long as your respectful and not a douche, are the best. g'luck!

pm me if you have any other questions, i'd love to help you get started if you're serious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dur4ce View Post
    Congrats, monkiboy! I'm excited for this thread, and to see where the car goes! I'm glad I get to see it in real life AND in the in-tar-webs too!
    thanks dude. it's sweet having the support. much appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Super Moderator

looks like after a lot of searching, phone conversations, pms, etc i've finally found my 05 sti tranny for my 6 speed swap, and it's local'ish (three hours away)! it'll be cheaper to pay for the gas then to have it delivered and i can see it and inspect it first hand before handing over a wad of cash. i'm excited. i will be picking it up next week, thursday at the latest! the swap will happen most likely two or three weeks after that and i make sure i have the dccd and driveshaft worked out. i need to start researching which aftermarket controller i'm going to use.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

monkiboy!!!! i always had a gut feeling that you have more parts in your car than what you had told me in person LOL everytime i stopped by your house, i always see you layin down on your back, under the car, working on something! haha i enjoy you guys' company.. with summer just gettin' started, i see a lot of fun activities happening our way especially when you get the wheels and tranny installed. at the end of the month, dont forget our little photoshoot!

steve- get your summer wheels already! ;D

Yeah...he's always on his back alright :P

Awesome build and great progress so far....I'm definitely going to keep up with this one! But come on now...not a SINGLE picture yet? :P
    2009 WRX Sedan | Forman Custom Rotated GTX3076R Kit | Gruppe-S EL Header | TiAL 44mm EWG | Reversed STI Manifold | Invidia CBE | Perrin FMIC | Aquamist HFS-3 | Tarmac2 Coils | Stoptech 328x28mm BBK | Rota Grids 18x8.5 | 255/35/18 Star Specs | Whiteline 24/22 | Carputer | N-1 CS Lip |

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3G SYNDICATE View Post
    monkiboy!!!! i always had a gut feeling that you have more parts in your car than what you had told me in person LOL everytime i stopped by your house, i always see you layin down on your back, under the car, working on something! haha i enjoy you guys' company.. with summer just gettin' started, i see a lot of fun activities happening our way especially when you get the wheels and tranny installed. at the end of the month, dont forget our little photoshoot!
    yeah working on the car is a great stress reliever and really enjoyable! dude, i can't wait for the tires/wheels to get done. gonna be such gratification after a forever wait, haha. swap will probably happen weeks afterwards seeing how backed up the shop is.

Quote Originally Posted by chongl View Post
    Yeah...he's always on his back alright :P

Awesome build and great progress so far....I'm definitely going to keep up with this one! But come on now...not a SINGLE picture yet? :P
    i knew the jokes were gonna be coming, haha.

thanks for reading, i'm excited to be blessed enough to have the car and have money to work on it. it's gonna be a stessful but fun next couple months trying to figure everything out.

i dont have the car at the moment to take photos of and i did a piss poor job of photos while i had it, just the isolated random ones floating around here. i'm definitely going to be a lot better at documentation, photos, and vids once i get her back and the build continues, promise!

ps - the six speed ad other required parts for the swap are getting picked up tuesday @ 4pm. now i just need to figure if i got the cheapo route and get a dual piece driveshaft from a early gen or a aluminum single piece, "better performing" dss driveshaft.

you have this build thread, but no pictures. Get em up man!

"You have combat bumper, I have combat bumper. We must battle!"
    -Japcarrealgood

Super Moderator

i'll post some pics here tonight. just random ones from random stages of the car.

i updated the parts list...

i bought my 6speed clutch/flywheel combo today along with a beatrush tranny mount, cobb short shifter, and a dccdpro controller for the swap that is supposed to start early next week. shifter bushings, crossmember bushings should all transfer over fine. still need a driveshaft; i'll either purchase the dss one piece aluminum shaft or pick up a used off a early gen legacy at the shop.

Super Moderator

um, so here's a bunch of random pics of my sweetheart who has yet to be named. i think as soon as i can create my own gallery with a vip account i'll do that and keep photos and vids in this thread specific to status updates, new parts installed, etc...

wow that's awesome. I actually like those cf eyelids. But man your intercooler looks tiny with the bumper on, and HUGE with it off haha.

"You have combat bumper, I have combat bumper. We must battle!"
    -Japcarrealgood

Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Links