how poorly will my car run...?
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question how poorly will my car run...?

How poorly will my 2015 Limited run if I replace my downpipe with a catless pipe, but I don't reprogram the PCM? Will the computer adjust on its own, or will it run horribly until I flash a new program that accounts for the lack of a catalytic converter?

The ECM will not adjust to whatever mod you add. I strongly suggest you retune it when adding the new mod. These things are very finicky unfortunately.

The one thing with these vehicles (WRX’s and STi’s) are that the ECU is very precisely balanced from the factory (albeit very conservatively). Any change, other than a panel filter results in the need for the ECU to get flashed.

I really recommend researching and reading up on all things 2015+ WRX. You won’t go wrong learning everything you can about these vehicles. I had my plan all but erased after reading articles and videos of what can go wrong on certain mods.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    read the signature.
    08WRX, TP Stage2, "Thou shalt not go stage 2 if thou hasn't installedeth a downpipe, unless thy wantest a checketh engine light. Lo, thou who installedeth a downpipe and has not tunedeth to stage 2 shall face thine engine's wrath, for thy dash shall become illuminated and proclaim "Hark, thou hast slain me", so sayeth the ECU."

Links