New here
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New here

New here

Just picked up an 09 DGM wagon. Im not really into tuning or racing for that matter but this forum has a lot of useful things to read up on. I am from sacramento but spend most of my days working in the bay area.

Anyone know a good tint shop in sacramento?

also

anyone paint or do the vinyl overlays for their car?

I am interested in possibly doing one of the above later but have a feeling I would probably f-up so if theres anyone here that has done one or the other maybe you could help me out down the line.

Thanks-

Super Moderator

Re: New here

welcome.

Im sure the mod bug will bite you at some point. ;D
    2015 DGM WRX Limited..... cars not even here and the mod list is to long to list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

welcome. i said i wasnt gonna buy anything when i got this car. yeah right! its addictive. ive spent like 4000 dollars on mods and more to come. the mod bug is strong! vf-52 is next.
    vf-52 turbo, ptp turbo blanket, tp stage 3.52 tune, grimmspeed ebcs and aos, forge motorsports bpv, perrin catted downpipe, borla catback, tomei el headers and uppipe, perrin cai, perrin tmic, rallitek swaybars, avo endlinks, racecomp/bilstein cup kit with black springs, jna front lip, kartboy ss, 22b shift knob, rota tarmac3 wheels and re11 tires. best time, [email protected] 108, 1/4mile
    2014 legacy daily driver
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

congrats and welcome! you'll be sucked in soon enough.
    black 08 WRX sedan and i keeps it clean

yeah.. you say you aren't into making it faster until it doesn't feel fast anymore, then you're all the sudden gonna be on the prowl to spend money. sometimes i go and drive my girlfriend's saturn for half a day, makes my car feel like it has afterburners.
    Ryan
    '09 WRX SSM Sedan, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Catted Downpipe, Custom Magnaflow Catback
    More people hate me than even know you exist.

Welcome!!

Hopefully you buy a KIA for a DD so your car feels fast, and your WRX doesn't become a money pit. You'll resist for a while, but you'll eventually break!
    08 OBP Hatch - <b>Torqued Performance</b> Stage ? on E85 355WHP/405WTQ
    BNR-68HTA, Invidia DP & CBE, Perrin FMIC, ELH & CAI, BC Coilovers 8K F/R, Rallitek Track Spec Sways and endlinks, and too much else to list!!

Haha yeah I planned on being stock for a while...

That lasted a month,

Welcome aboard...

Give it a look I've been busy...

haha... thanks for the welcome

I wasted a lot of money when I had an eclipse.. then i spent a gang of money turning it back to normal... that was about 10 years ago and i dont think i can go down that road again.

i got the wrx because i wanted something fun to drive but was still somewhat practical and being close to tahoe i thought it would be prudent to get something with awd... being almost 30 i think i can safely say i am out of the "mod" game... but i still like to live vicariously though others on this forum and seeing all the things being done to their cars.

as for me.. i just keep telling myself "i drive a wagon.. i drive a wagon"

Welcome. Even if you are not into 'tuning' anymore, there is a lot of simple mods you can do to make the car funner and more original ;D ;D Have fun.
    R.I.P. Colin and Kulig.
    08 WRX | WRBlue | RA Mudflaps | K&N Typhoon | RalliTEK 22/19 Swaybars | RalliTEK Endlinks | Perrin CBE | Seibon CF Hood | STi Spoiler | Rear Diffuser | Sports Grill | Torqued Performance Stage 1 | DDM HID 5000k | 04STi Gold BBS |

Links