reoccurring oil control valve failure - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Adventure Subaru is where I'd like to go. They are 10 or so miles closer to me than the Oklahoma City dealers, but they don't give loaner cars to out of state customers, so I guess I'll start going to one of the OKC dealers. Assuming I ever get the car back long enough to make it 100 miles.

So i had a mustang with similar issues... Before you even consider continuing, call subaru of america stat! If you dont file thw complaints or concerns as they happen it makes it very hard to get lemon law... In Arizona they state the dealership has a reasonable number of times (4) withen 24 months to remedy the same issue before motor company will consider it.... They make report numbers everytime you call.. Be sure to do so please.... Subaru of America will also contact the dealer and recieve the paperwork from them and keep it all on file... It will help... Good luck!

I had contacted Subaru a while ago. Other than giving my account of the problem up to that point, my case worker was out of the office or too busy to return my calls. The only other contact I did have with her was for her to tell me that she was unable to get hold of the dealership. Evidently they don't answer or return calls either. Then she told me that my case was being escalated to a different case worker and that I would be hearing from them by the end of the week. That was at least 3 weeks ago and I have not heard a word. The last time I was in to talk to the salesman, that is the only person that seems to care at all, he told me that when I got the car back that there would be a warrantee book in the car and that dealt with Lemon Law. After that I got the feeling that the dealership was hoping I would file a Lemon Law suit and was doing everything they could to help make the case while shifting blame off themselves in the process. With the exception of the weekend that I had the car making sure the "oil leak" was actually a leak, they had the car for 48 days straight this time!! All in all it's at least 70 days in the shop. They did say that during the last service that the Cam Carrier had gotten cracked and that was where the oil leak was coming from. At this point I've almost gotten a rebuilt motor. I didn’t buy a new car for it to have a rebuilt motor in it…… Ya know…. This is beyond ridiculous.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

So..... another 2000 miles or so and my best guess is that their Cam Carrier replacement job came undone. I'm 12 miles from the dealership and I hear a knocking sound that I thought was the car next to me, but on the next mile, I realized the sound was coming from my car. I do my best to limp to the dealership. At the start under 2400 rpm and I was good, by the time I got there RPMs didn't matter. Every mile got worse and by the time I got there it started dying when I put in the clutch to coast. Looking back now I think a couple miles before reaching the dealership the noise had gotten so bad, I would't be surprised if it had stopped pulling oil from the pan. My guess is some bolt from the Cam Carrier repair came loose. Just guessing, but I expect the cam, valves pistons & cylindars are beyond repair. 2018 WRX with 16,800 miles. Most reliable brand on the planet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links