Needing some tech help with my new 05 WRX.
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Needing some tech help with my new 05 WRX.

i just bought my 05 WRX with a supposed locked up engine. well when i was prep.engine to be pulled i was down to just bellhousing bolts left when i noticed starter setting funny . the bottom nut was completly missing. so i removed starter to discover the engine now turned as smooth as silk. My first thought was starter bendix wasnt fully retracting gear back but after further inspection discovered it was retracting properly.. Starter will not bolt up without gear contacting flywheel and causing interferance. What im i missing here? is there some kinda spacer plate or shim someone mighta left off? also i might ad that this wrx has a auto trans which i havent been able to find anywhere that this was even a option for the wrx. being that it is would it take a diff. starter maybe? Any help on this matter would be great. looking forward to meeting some people in here in future. Thanks to any input on matter.. Mike.

Super Moderator
    Have you looked at your current starter compared to ones specifically made for automatic 2.0?
    https://www.carid.com/2005-subaru-wr...106088232.html
    08WRX, TP Stage2, "Thou shalt not go stage 2 if thou hasn't installedeth a downpipe, unless thy wantest a checketh engine light. Lo, thou who installedeth a downpipe and has not tunedeth to stage 2 shall face thine engine's wrath, for thy dash shall become illuminated and proclaim "Hark, thou hast slain me", so sayeth the ECU."

Thanks for your reply and they did have the wrong starter in it . i got right one now and works great.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Glad you got it sorted out!
    08WRX, TP Stage2, "Thou shalt not go stage 2 if thou hasn't installedeth a downpipe, unless thy wantest a checketh engine light. Lo, thou who installedeth a downpipe and has not tunedeth to stage 2 shall face thine engine's wrath, for thy dash shall become illuminated and proclaim "Hark, thou hast slain me", so sayeth the ECU."

Links