Tpms
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tpms

0bhp 3G Impreza wrhrule@yahoo.com's Avatar

Tpms

Need some help with my 2018 WRX. Bought new wheels and tires and installed myself and after 25 miles my TPMS light started flashing then stayed on steady. Checked air pressure in all tires and it is all good. The company that sold me the tires said that they would learn off my the ecu when I purchased the wheels and tires and I wouldn't have this problem. When I called them back they gave me a different answer and said that I needed to take them to a shop to have them relearned. I call my local tire store and they said they couldn't help me that I would have to give the company a call. Now I am real confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is incorrect information they gave you. Your vehicle does not have self learning TPMS. You will need the scan tool to learn the new wheel sensors.

Cool

If they are the TPMS's that came with the new wheels, then you will have to have them programmed to the car. The dealership can do it $$, or some tire shops (like Discount Tire) should be able to do it also for $ or free (free is usually if you bought the set up through them). There also computer programs, via a laptop plugged into the car, that make it so you can switch between two different sets (if you were to run a summer and winter set) without going in to a shop do it each time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

0bhp 3G Impreza wrhrule@yahoo.com's Avatar
    If I buy a TPMS service tool such as a AUTEL handheld will I be able to program the sensors myself and will this be the only tool I need to buy? I can get one off Amazon for about $100 and it will be worth it to me to be able to complete by myself without having to go to a shop each time I switch from winter to summer and back again.

Links