Is this forum DEAD?
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Is this forum DEAD?

I have a question about my 2017 WRX Limited 6Spd with 37,850 miles and the engine just lost the bearing on the crank. Now I know these cars have a 5 year/60,000 mile
    Power train warranty. So why aren't there more inquiries out there?
    Yes, I have one engine mod. A COBB Subaru Big SF Intake System with stock exhaust. And yes, I did flash the ECM with the COBB Accessport for this mod. BUT COLD AIR INTAKE?
    I have started a case file with Subaru Corp. in New Jersey.
    I interesting fact about me - I'm 72 years old and I bought this car as a retirement gift to myself and paid CASH.

Any helpful input would be appreciated.

P.S.
    I looked high and low for this clown picture of Bozo.....
    2017 WRX Limited - 6Spd - DGM
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Love Bozo !!! I really dont believe that your warranty will be honored due to the fact that there are performance mods especially flashing the ECU.

Bozo- how did it turn out with S.O.A. Any luck ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Hi BOZO! I'm still learning this site. I think I sent you a private message instead of posting but I think I've got it figured out now. I have a 2017 WRX. I bought it used, certified pre-owned. I got the bearing issue at 27000 miles. The original warranty took care of that as it is a known issue at Subaru. Now soly on the certified pre-owned hundred thousand mile power train warranty. I had another issue at 38000 miles. I lost 5th, 6th and reverse gears due to either poorly designed or poor quality synchros. I wish Subaru would give the WRX the same respect it gives the STI, after all it is the everyday man's sports car. All the parts should be as stout as the STI. Subaru touts the WRX as a sportscar but outfits the vehicle with subpar parts. Subaru would save a ton of money on the back end if they used quality built parts up front. Subaru honored the certified pre-owned warranty and took care of it. It is important to note that I have made no modifications to the car. If Subaru are aware of any modifications they will not cover anything. It is expressly written in the warranty. That is because they have take massive monitary hits in the past inflicted by owners making modifications on their own. Subaru dealerships expect people to make modifications and some of the dealerships offer to do the modifications while still covering the vehicle under the umbrella of the warranty. Those dealerships know what they're doing and will cover their work. It may cost a little more but what price can you put on peace of mind? Good luck with the car. It is probably one of the most enjoyable cars I've owned baring the problems.

Links