Cabin Air Filter - Page 4
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Super Moderator

Re: Cabin Air Filter

I'm almost at 30k and hitting it with the air compressor just isn't cutting it anymore.
    Central NJ
    2009 WRX Hatch DGM Premium - K&N Typhoon - Cobb TBE - Torqued Performance -Stage = 2*e( pi*i )
    2007 Honda VTX1300C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I haven't changed mine, been about 44,XXX miles on the car now. Lol, I'm pretty sure I need to change mine, but rather spend my money on power mods.. Quick question, why are these required to be changed? Just wondering... is it so that there is filtered air coming in? I'll be honest, I haven't really read this thread thoroughly.. hahaha
    Follow me on instagram: Koreaa30

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by krntehk View Post
    I haven't changed mine, been about 44,XXX miles on the car now. Lol, I'm pretty sure I need to change mine, but rather spend my money on power mods.. Quick question, why are these required to be changed? Just wondering... is it so that there is filtered air coming in? I'll be honest, I haven't really read this thread thoroughly.. hahaha
    It's pretty much the same as changing the engine intake filter. It's still going to filter if it's dirty, but you'll get better airflow from a clean one.
    Central NJ
    2009 WRX Hatch DGM Premium - K&N Typhoon - Cobb TBE - Torqued Performance -Stage = 2*e( pi*i )
    2007 Honda VTX1300C

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krntehk View Post
    Ah, I see what you're saying I should probably get one soon than! Thanks elwray

It's pretty much the same as changing the engine intake filter. It's still going to filter if it's dirty, but you'll get better airflow from a clean one.

I just bought one from the local Dealer..... $39.99 plus tax of course........I think they got the whole fist in there.

Quote Originally Posted by FACTION95 View Post
    I just bought one from the local Dealer..... .99 plus tax of course........I think they got the whole fist in there.
    damn $40 + tax? that's ridiculous... their are sites that sell the oem cabin air filter for $19.99 + shipping

I just bought one from the local Dealer..... .99 plus tax of course........I think they got the whole fist in there.
    Wow.. Got mine for before. That's kind of expensive mate but anyway you got what you need and that's cool. Better luck finding a cheaper one next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 26525 View Post
    Anyone change out their cabin filters with a non-oem filter? I'm trying to find an alternative filter because the OEM air filter ain't cheap and Subaru wants their customers to replace it every 7,500 mi / 12 months. The cabin filter in the 08-09 is NOT like previous years even though all aftermarket compaines indicate they are on their websites. I ordered WIX p/n 24485 and it doesn't fit. Looking at the OEM filter on the 08-09, it comes with the filter media integrated into the plastic frame so this would explain why it is more expensive than typical drop in cabin filters. I thought about trying the "home depot" trick of cutting a similar sized piece of 3M filter but unfortunately the frame would not provide an air tight seal using this method. If anyone has any ideas post'em up!

Got mine from NAPA around 24.00. Did not think this thing would be so dirty....& replaced it myself it's not hard at all.
    Play at your own risk !

Super Moderator
    Oops. 45k was first change. Now at 117k. Just ordered two from fresh air, two pack for $25 plus shipping.

Torqued Performance Stg. 2
    Invidia Catless Turbo Back Exhaust

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links