PLEASE HELP! 09 WRX Traction Control and Hill Assist Lights - Page 2
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    REX

Re: PLEASE HELP! 09 WRX Traction Control and Hill Assist Lights

I hate the hill assist and traction control.... I wouldn't worry about it personally. You can always take it to another shop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

there is a small sensor/button on the back of the brake pedal that is probably out of adjustment, sounds like what happened to me year or so ago
    2009 WRX DGM Stage 2 MSPT tuned
    Perrin CAI, SPT boost Gauge, Perrin Turbo back Exhaust, Perring 22mm Front and Rear Sways, Perrin endlinks

Try taking it down to advance auto, etc and reading the codes (if there are any). If there are some, right them down and post them up here, then clear them with the code reader. Drive the car and see if the lights come back or not.
    2010 WRX SSM hatch; Invidia catless DP and Q300 catback; Torqued Performance Stage 2 OS; SPT Short Throw Shifter; Audio Stuff

[url=
    src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/eminehart/TorquedPerformanceTuned.gif" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizersigs" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOnSigs(this);" />

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if this is a problem with the '09. It took me forever to search this issue because its so specific, but it seems like a lot of '09's are having this issue. I havent taken my car to the dealer yet, but here is what we are looking at:

I couldn't tell what was triggering it until last night i realized it occurs after random breaking. slow speeds, turning and braking, or downhill braking. While the lights are on the cruise control does not work, nor can you turn on traction control.

Where is the button on the back of the pedal? This is an annoying issue.

The lights on are traction control off, hill assist, and ABS. CEL is not one of the lights. The lights do not flash, they are steady till you turn the car off. The lights dont turn on every time you drive it.
    [DD] 2009 SSM Sedan - BC BR - RacerX - K&N - CNT - Invidia - Enkei - Grimmspeed - Rallitek - SMY - Kartboy - SPT - TiC - Perrin - Whiteline - Torque Solutions - Goodridge - Torqued Performance

[The Beast] 2006 EVO IX GSR SSL - ETS - MUSE - Turbo XS - Grimmspeed - Whiteline - Blox - Walboro - Exedy - ACT - Prosport - MAP - AMS - Prosport - Goodridge - Perrin

PLEASE HELP! 09 WRX Traction Control and Hill Assist Lights

I have had the same problem on my '11 since I replaced the steering wheel

Always dirty....

Not sure if this is related but when I replaced my steering rack bushings I had a couple of those lights come on because the steering wheel was out of alignment. After some research found there is a steering wheel angle sensor or something that was triggered because the wheel was crooked. Is your wheel straight or is it out center when your wheels are straight?
    TP stage1 - AEM CAI - Cobb CBE - Whiteline sways - Kartboy Endlinks - SS - GS MCB - GS HS - Whiteline Bushing Catalog - Group N Pitch Stop - Group N Trans mount - Rally Armour UR - Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Turbospeed View Post
    Is your wheel straight or is it out center when your wheels are straight?

Straight as an arrow. On other cars I've had wheel alignment issues that caused drift in one direction or another. Probably the most annoying thing to deal with in regular highway driving.
    2009 obp 5d - TP stage 3, CNT catted dp, FMS TMIC, Grimmspeed EBCS, TRS DS2 4.3K HIDs, LED int/ext, SMY cluster, Prosport Evo boost

Mines about 5-10* clockwise. I'm remounting it this weekend finally, see if it helps at least one person here.

Always dirty....

Remounting the steering wheel? Is it actually "centered" 5-10 degrees off? As in, do you get identical distance lock to lock?
    2009 obp 5d - TP stage 3, CNT catted dp, FMS TMIC, Grimmspeed EBCS, TRS DS2 4.3K HIDs, LED int/ext, SMY cluster, Prosport Evo boost

Not sure what your asking here.

It's off about 5 degrees clockwise from centered when cruising in a straight line.

Always dirty....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links