Gauge location and Pillar pods
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Gauge location and Pillar pods

So I have been poking around looking for gauges and mounting locations...

Boost at a min My main concern is location, It needs to be clean, not that busy and out of the way or at least tucked in, I am thinking between the RPM and the fuel gauge, I think a 52mm would fit in there nicely.

My other thought is a Pillar Pod... Is there a 08 pillar pod out there and has anyone seen or read about issues with the air bag?

Any thoughts???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

08 Dark Grey Sedan - Stage 2 PROTune by ED @ EQ Tuning - Cobb DP - SPT CBE - Cobb SS Bushings - Hallman PRO MBC - Whiteline 22mm 20mm Adjustable - Tint

REX

Re: Gauge location and Pillar pods

hey lefty,
    i would stay away w/ the gauges from the a-pillar dude. sounds like a near death experience in the making to me.

above the MPG / TPMS seems to be popular but i like your idea between the tach and fuel gauge. ;D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I thought that the pillar + Airbag = bad news. BUt I also read that the air bag deploys from the upper most portion of the pillar, wich would mean that OEM pillar cover and for this matter aftermarket would fold down between the dash and windshield.

I understand that a accident is an accident and you can't control it but that would mean that you cold not control an OEM pillar cover either...

Just a thought... I m only pushing cause I like that look!

08 Dark Grey Sedan - Stage 2 PROTune by ED @ EQ Tuning - Cobb DP - SPT CBE - Cobb SS Bushings - Hallman PRO MBC - Whiteline 22mm 20mm Adjustable - Tint

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

heres where my boost gauge is at

2015 DGM WRX Limited..... cars not even here and the mod list is to long to list.

REX

that's a great spot! luv it. VDC OFF FTW!!!

That is a good location too... HHMM I am going to have to think about this

Most stock pillars with airbags are connected to the car still when they go off. Their is a piece of plastic that holds the pillar on when it goes off. Plastic is like 2 inches long so that when it does go off, the pillar can move out of the way. Might be able to fab something to a new pillar to do the same so that they dont' get smashed in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Left Coast WRX View Post

Boost at a min My main concern is location, It needs to be clean, not that busy and out of the way or at least tucked in, I am thinking between the RPM and the fuel gauge, I think a 52mm would fit in there nicely.

My other thought is a Pillar Pod... Is there a 08 pillar pod out there and has anyone seen or read about issues with the air bag?

Any thoughts???
    I've got my boost there and it looks nice and doesn't block anything important, also quick noob question how do i put a pic in the post without it being an atttachment? I'll get a pic on here either way in a bit.
    20008 wrx sedan, custom paint, custom CBE, Perrin DP, custom cai, GFB BOV, Cobb tuned, whiteline suspension.

-MOD LIST-
    needs to be updated

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Coast WRX View Post

Any thoughts???
    I've got my boost there and it looks nice and doesn't block anything important, also quick noob question [b]how do i put a pic in the post without it being an atttachment? I'll get a pic on here either way in a bit.
    I have a with www.photobucket.com when you upload pictures to your account you can get copy and past a "IMG" code into your post... That links a picture into the post. If you insert my post into a reply, you will see the IMG Code ;D...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links