2008 Mazdaspeed 3 vs. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliar
Subaru WRX Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 vs. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliar

Re: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 vs. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliar

Time to change MPS3 then.. lolzz..

Re: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 vs. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliar

Quote: When it comes to "fast," nothing in this test can touch the Mazda. It hits 60 in 6.1 seconds The WRX hit 60 in 6.2 seconds, while the Lancer did 6.6 seconds. How does 0.1 sec difference make a car slow? If you change the tyres and suspension like most people do, then the WRX holds its own especially when it gets wet. Try driving a high powered FWD in the wet - I test drove the Mazda before purchasing the Subaru and was lucky to get some rain - it was not at all fun.
    Modified OBP WRX - now Red STI Spec R.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WRXForums.com
    Advertisements

ms3 is very fast and a blast to drive but around turns it sucks. you cant power out of the turns to hard cuz of the torque steer and if you turn off traction control you wont find grip in 1st, 2nd or 3rd. my cousin owns one and told me for 09 the ms3 is going AWD.
    K swapped ef 4 door coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthing View Post
    Quote: When it comes to "fast," nothing in this test can touch the Mazda. It hits 60 in 6.1 seconds The WRX hit 60 in 6.2 seconds, while the Lancer did 6.6 seconds. How does 0.1 sec difference make a car slow? If you change the tyres and suspension like most people do, then the WRX holds its own especially when it gets wet. Try driving a high powered FWD in the wet - I test drove the Mazda before purchasing the Subaru and was lucky to get some rain - it was not at all fun.
    +1
    08 WRX 5-Door Prem Obsidian Black Pearl, Cobb DP, Cobb SR intake & air box, SPT CBE, Perrin TMIC, KW V3 Coilover, Cobb AP stage 2, Seibon Cf STI wing, Rally Armor UR mudflaps, STRI Boost Guage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

REX

i read all the comparisons on theses cars and everytime they put the ms3 into the ring w/ a wrx i cringe! it seems to me that they all forget about winter and dirt driving. the torque steer on th ms3 sucks balls and for any real driver to call the ms3 a better car than the all wheel drive subie is NOT a real driver or is missing the mark totally. it is NOT all about HP! it is the total liveable package that makes a car for me and driving an ms3 that wants to go where ever IT wants to go under hard excelleration in the winters of Canada is not an option in my books. :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

^^^^^

It's snows here in MA and I got sick of getting stuck with my Jetta and thats the same reason why I got my WRX. The WRX is a all around car.
    08 WRX 5-Door Prem Obsidian Black Pearl, Cobb DP, Cobb SR intake & air box, SPT CBE, Perrin TMIC, KW V3 Coilover, Cobb AP stage 2, Seibon Cf STI wing, Rally Armor UR mudflaps, STRI Boost Guage

the ralliart is a formidable opponent to the WRX...

the MS3 however (in it's current form) is a piece of junk. a re-badged Ford with horrible torque steer and cheap plastic. these reviewers (car and driver, edmunds) just like to piss off a lot of people, their opinions are not based upon facts. it's unfortunate that their opinions affect sales because people think they actually know what they're talking about.

how about the MS3 I had to PUSH last winter. my neighbor had one and every time it would snow more than an inch he couldn't get down the street. meanwhile, my "slow" 2008 WRX drove through 12 inches of snow to an auto show to see the unveiling of the new forester with no problem 8)

REX

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post

the MS3 however (in it's current form) is a piece of junk. a re-badged Ford with horrible torque steer and cheap plastic. these reviewers (car and driver, edmunds) just like to piss off a lot of people, their opinions are not based upon facts. it's unfortunate that their opinions affect sales because people think they actually know what they're talking about.

how about the MS3 I had to PUSH last winter. my neighbor had one and every time it would snow more than an inch he couldn't get down the street. meanwhile, my "slow" 2008 WRX drove through 12 inches of snow to an auto show to see the unveiling of the new forester with no problem 8)
    that's what i am talkin about!!

Re: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 vs. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ral

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post

I have one or two things I disagree with you on. The "cheap plastic" is very well put together in the 3 and much more refined looking. The feature options and amenities in the 3 are much improved over the WRX's. I.E. radio, sunroof, seating, overall fit and finish (tighter), better suspension. Mazda has done a fine job with the 3. If it weren't for the AWD the WRX really doesn't have much over it. Some of you guys should actually go and put your rex's next to one and compare, you'll see how much the 3 has to offer.

Now don't get me wrong, if I wanted the Mazda I would have surely bought it. But objectively it is a very well built car for the money but not as capable as the WRX.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links