Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting the other thread cleaned since people are n---s about things.

What is your 0-60FT times. I was reading some in the other thread and was seeing 1.9-2.3+ and I must say that is horrible.

Prior car was FWD with 300-310whp I could launch without lsd and make a 1.8 0-60ft on General UHPs which sucked.

I have seen RWD cars pushing 500-600whp make 1.2 0-60fts.

Evo with 800whp hit 1.4 - 1.6

Ive seen Stage 2 STis hit 1.7

I have hit 1.4 - 1.8 with my Sti.

So why are kid hitting any higher than that with even a stock wrx? Do we not know how to slip a clutch, launch a car or have launch control?

I have am running LC @ 5700 RPM when i launch along with Flat Foot Shifting.

Post up times and lets see about working on our launches and lowering those times. That 0-60ft can make a big difference in your time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I will admit, I have a horrible 60' and track times. Stage 1 09 WRX, I ran a 2.31 60' with a 14.1 quarter. This was my first time drag racing, let alone drag racing the rex. I want to get back so that I can practice with it some more. No I'm not running launch control or flat foot shifting. I know that's a horrible 60' and a quarter mile time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Launch control would help you a ton as well as flat foot shifting, I bet you could cut your times by .5 seconds with just that. Heck with a 1.8 0-60ft you would another .5 faster as well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You also have to look at the traction availability to the vehicle, how much power it has, and its gearing in first. That being said I managed a 1.8 60' on my winter rubber with no launch control.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You also have to look at the traction availability to the vehicle, how much power it has, and its gearing in first. That being said I managed a 1.8 60' on my winter rubber with no launch control.
Thats not bad, I imagine with LC and better tires you can hit 1.6

·
Registered
418 Posts
Or blow my tranny, one or the other ;). Truth is the WRX is my daily and while I will be switching to some more performance oriented all-seasons, I probably wont ever be putting on a tire that will allow me to hook good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Or blow my tranny, one or the other ;). Truth is the WRX is my daily and while I will be switching to some more performance oriented all-seasons, I probably wont ever be putting on a tire that will allow me to hook good.
Ive heard the new WRX transmissions are ALOT stronger than its previous generations.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know there stronger, I'm just tranny paranoid after going through two stock ones on my GSX. Though the 16G running 23PSI with supporting mods and a real aggressive tune might have something to do with it ;D.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know there stronger, I'm just tranny paranoid after going through two stock ones on my GSX. Though the 16G running 23PSI with supporting mods and a real aggressive tune might have something to do with it ;D.

Pfff no way.. 23psi is weak as hell. Jk i had a DSM and I blew up the turbo and the tranny twice then shot the idle screw threw the hood with 28psi.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Pfff no way.. 23psi is weak as hell. Jk i had a DSM and I blew up the turbo and the tranny twice then shot the idle screw threw the hood with 28psi.
Its a dsm all they do is explode..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Actually I've had two of them and with light mods done right they wont blow up, and considering the stock tranny is about as wide as a handle of liquor is long I think they hold power pretty well. In fact my Laser I just sold had 183k miles on it with stock turbo, stock trans, and the factory clutch was in it when I replaced it at 178k. It broke on me once but never left me stranded (was able to gimp home). My GSX wont have any more tranny problems shortly, I'm $400 away from a Shep stage 3.

·
Registered
483 Posts
After getting the other thread cleaned since people are n---s about things.

What is your 0-60FT times. I was reading some in the other thread and was seeing 1.9-2.3+ and I must say that is horrible.

Prior car was FWD with 300-310whp I could launch without lsd and make a 1.8 0-60ft on General UHPs which sucked.

I have seen RWD cars pushing 500-600whp make 1.2 0-60fts.

Evo with 800whp hit 1.4 - 1.6

Ive seen Stage 2 STis hit 1.7

I have hit 1.4 - 1.8 with my Sti.

So why are kid hitting any higher than that with even a stock wrx? Do we not know how to slip a clutch, launch a car or have launch control?

I have am running LC @ 5700 RPM when i launch along with Flat Foot Shifting.

Post up times and lets see about working on our launches and lowering those times. That 0-60ft can make a big difference in your time.
i wanna see this rwd car with a 1.2 60 foot. i dont believe it. nor do i believe you hit a 1.4 60 foot. show me some slips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Every 10th you take off the 60" will be 2 tenth off your final ET. You've got the trap speed for mid twelves! Go get one!

·
Registered
587 Posts
my807whpsti was banned. he was a troll, most of the stuff he posted was bs

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah this guys completely off his rocker. Basically 8-9 second WRX/STI's make 1.4 60's and ive seen a FEW cases of high 1.3 60's.

Dragsters running 4.9-5.5 second 1/4 miles are only getting 1.13's/1.02's on nitrous 60's. Hes just a typical tool that we dont need on this forum.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru--Impreza-Drag-Racing.html

That site above is an excelent data base you can pull timeslips for any cars and see 1/4 mile times with stats of the car (HP etc) and see what top 60 fts are.

Im all for everyone discussing legitimate times and 60 foots, but just listening to retards spout off about nothing is a waste of this board.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts