1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opinion wanted...

kind of like what GRID did here

except less exotic?

I was thinking I'll chop out parts from an 04 bumper (basically the whole lower front: fog covers and lower grille part) and bondo them into my 08 bumper since it has to be repainted anyway... that way I can use 04 inserts (fogs, covers, etc)

opinions?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to go check an 04 out in person to see if the curves are similar enough... the cars are the same width so it should be close enough for plastic.

·
Registered
717 Posts
could be interesting. photoshop it first maybe?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would mostly glue it and would probably end up using fiberglass and miliput (plastic putty)

just said bondo to make it easier to understand

here's a photoshop with an 07 bumper on an 08

maybe if it turns out nice I can get someone to make a mold and mass-produce them for profit?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would mostly glue it and would probably end up using fiberglass and miliput (plastic putty)

just said bondo to make it easier to understand

here's a photoshop with an 07 bumper on an 08

maybe if it turns out nice I can get someone to make a mold and mass-produce them for profit?
I like this look A LOT!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'd definately take the 07 bumper.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I tried to photoshop some kind of cover but I can't get anything to look decent. The issue is how they bulge out to the sides and the overall size of the housing. It's just too small and it looks goofy.

·
Registered
217 Posts
oh man! i love that front end!! the 08 should come like this... much better than the happy face look imo

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might actually make one eventually

maybe if someone here can do molds and fiberglass or plastic they could be semi-mass produced

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you have it done make sure to post pics!! and if the fitment is good and the price is right i am interested!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
noooo it's nowhere near done. I haven't done anything but drawings.

a lot of things would have to be changed for it to work... for example, the tow hook access port.

but it COULD be done pretty easily if someone could make molds for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts