Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 06 Sti spoiler will fit on a 2008 WRX Sedan,
I really like the spoiler makes the car look more sporty and agressive...

Anyone?

[move]Thankss [/move]
???

·
Registered
344 Posts
Since the trunk is also redesigned and not the same as the 06, I would venture to guess not. There would prolly be some more modding beyond the usual "hole" drilling required.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Since the trunk is also redesigned and not the same as the 06, I would venture to guess not. There would prolly be some more modding beyond the usual "hole" drilling required.
agreed, the way the GD trunk curves is the opposite of how the 08's are.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Man that looks SWEEEET!!! I wish that something like that would come out I would jump on that like a fat kid on a donut!!!

Seth

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im not sure if i like it, it looks a little force if you know what i mean. Im all for the idea of an sti sedan or an sti styled sedan but im not sure thats it. ANYWAY fingers crossed they do somehtin for us sedan guys.

·
Registered
345 Posts
thats looks awsome if something actually came out like that i would be all over it i likeee it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man that looks SWEEEET!!! I wish that something like that would come out I would jump on that like a fat kid on a donut!!!

Seth
That looks great because it has a body kit, drop, rims, and other goodies. But if you only put the wing with a "stock" outside, that would be like Wanna be STI / EVO ... No kiddin

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it won't fit because the trunk angles up towards the window and is a little shorter and not as wide. a friend of mine with an 08 WRX sedan tried a weird-styled STi wing... here's a photo:

from the side it looks good:

but from the back it's weird:

I imagine it's mostly because of the weird non-standard wing he used, but you can see what I mean about the trunk being different. I'd wait until there is an aftermarket wing available (I imagine it won't be that long).

·
Registered
71 Posts
EWWWW like i said... you need to put a Body kit so it will be nice... but with OEM look.... it looks HORRIBLE :eek:

BUT this one here, isnt the same as the first one, there is a little "lip" at the bottom of the spoiler. It's like a mix with the WRX spoiler and the STI one... Look at the Brake Light you will understand

·
Registered
519 Posts

Seth
That looks great because it has a body kit, drop, rims, and other goodies. But if you only put the wing with a "stock" outside, that would be like Wanna be STI / EVO ... No kiddin
Oh I couldn't agree more. It would have to have all the goodies to go with it. But it still looks awesome to me. I am sure that here in the next few months more and more body parts will be out.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Seth
Oh I couldn't agree more. It would have to have all the goodies to go with it. But it still looks awesome to me. I am sure that here in the next few months more and more body parts will be out.
You like that one?

Because most of the time, that's what the others see ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with ^^^ Looks nice. I just googled 2008 wrx and then went to images and the picture of that "STI" came up. I wouldn't mind having another option for a spoiler. I have the factory sedan one. It's cool, but I like to have options.

·
Registered
519 Posts

Seth
You like that one?

Because most of the time, that's what the others see ;)
No I don't like that one. I like the photo shopped one the best. I am thinking in the long run though I want something but one that is just a little more subtle than any of those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with ^^^ Looks nice. I just googled 2008 wrx and then went to images and the picture of that "STI" came up. I wouldn't mind having another option for a spoiler. I have the factory sedan one. It's cool, but I like to have options.

yeah that's true. IMO I find that if the "STI" spoiler isnt an OEM option, it seems kind of rice even though it looks good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts