Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys,

just letting you all know that me and 3gwrx ( the admin ) are about to set up a sub forum for all us aussie rolling in 08 impreza's.

just thought id get a shout out of how many AUssies on here and where abouts you from so we can start getting this site a little more know and more importantly,

create a database of where to go, and where not to go with out new carz and possibly orgainse bulk buys for those interested.

ALso, if you want, just post a quick list of the mods so we knows whos whos on the

road ;)

Il start in this format:

Car: Impreza Rx ( 08 of coarse :p ) in White

Mods:

Samurai SC-03's
Fusion 1000watt mono block powering fusion 900watt sub ( competition bastard ) - hay i cant go fast cos of you turbo bastards, so mite aswell cruise :p
Alphine 1000watt 5 way powering stock speakers ( pm me if you want more info on that )
Alloy Pedals
And really really dark tint :D

Future mods,
Mesh grill, Alphine type S's, Ralitek lowering springs and avo high flow panel filter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heya, im in Perth.
Have an 08 black WRX, havnt started modding yet but will start soon with mostly handling stuff till the warranty is up then its gonna get smashed performance wise!!!!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haya fellas

Parra/based blue wrx 08 some mods nothing much still pretty clean.
19"lenso, [email protected] filter,bov, uplink tracker,and soon exhaust......will stay tuned now there is others in oz (local) 8)
juz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys, Mick here.

Over in the west in Perth.
Pearl White 08 WRX
Bog stockers for the moment except for fully auto intercooler waterspray that I put together.... thank you Jaycar...
Cannon style exhaust system on order.
Many of the usual mods will be in order just happy to have another Rex. ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys

I have a blue WRX 08, had it since Oct 07.
She is stock as a rock at the moment but with sat nav. But have plans for the usual mods.
Its been a great car so far though i have clocked up 28000k!

If any one knows of good places to have mods done for the 08 in syd let me know. I know that MRT are doing a few things for the 08 but the are really expensive. (try $4000 for an exhaust and a tune).

Oh. almost forgot I am out at Penrith.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ryan, when I had my classic and was living in Sydney I had my exhaust done at HiTech and they were great, the best I have ever had on any of my cars.

28000 :eek: do you use it for work??????

Well at least the seat is moulded to your arse now....lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey im dave from, near Penrith
Mines black pretty much standard except for air induction and dark tint.

going to MRT shortly.

PS let us know of any bulk purchases might be interrested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Cheers for that one. will have to go down and check them out.
has anyone had the exhaust done at MRT i heard that they are very quiet???

Oh almost forgot, had to get my windscreen replaced the other day (damn stone chip which turned into a HUGE crack)
price from subaru $1280 fitted
from windscreens o brian $470

yeah i use the car for work micksta
and yes seat is moulded in the right spots. ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

I had my wrx since oct 07
Based in Newcastle
Pretty stock so far 19" D'vinci rims, King springs, BOV and tints
Factory extras sat nav etc.
I've got a custom turbo back exhaust system and cusco strut brace on the way
and a few other mods when the bank account allows it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi all.

NSW - Newcastle area.
WRX as per Avatar. My daily work drive since Dec 07. 18 Inch wheels, Whiteline springs, sways, back sway brace, upgraded endlinks, custom CB exhaust, OBD II guage and painted out rear chrome. I have the red film and red glass paint for the rear indicators, but still undecided on what to do yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Evening viewers, Greg from northern NSW, MY08 WRX, only done rear sway bar {whiteline 22m adjustable} worthymod, a home made air splitter for the intercooler, and ive tweeked the air intake system by blocking some areas and opening others up, namely part of the bonet rubber to improve cold forced air flow. Im sure the engineers wanted it that way but the bean counters win everytime in this price bracket.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Evening viewers, Greg from northern NSW, MY08 WRX, only done rear sway bar {whiteline 22m adjustable} worthymod, a home made air splitter for the intercooler, and ive tweeked the air intake system by blocking some areas and opening others up, namely part of the bonet rubber to improve cold forced air flow. Im sure the engineers wanted it that way but the bean counters win everytime in this price bracket.
Just make sure you are not forcing water in there as well when it rains. You can do something similar with some plastic piping and connecting into the bottom of the air box (just use a hole saw to open up the pipe fixture that is already there).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey wats up im from north sydney and got my MY08 about 3 weeks ago now. Love it heaps - wouold love to get a xruise of some sorts going, even with other rexy generation also.. get down to the gong or something?
All I have done is the short shift and gear knob (stocka), but I'll wait a year like I did with my MY03 nd get a TBE and tune...
Not from MRT though. Over priced and all there stuff is so badly made... I dont mean necessarily how long will it last.. I mean its ugly! Especially for the money.
Go to HiTECh or get a japanese one man.

The MRT ones look like an long empty baked beans can welded onto the cat.. [email protected][email protected]!

Check out the video of the HITECH one I have put up... Mind you HITECH is pretty fucken pricey too....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi I'm from Newcastle and have recently fitted a TurboXs TBE and had a tune done by AutoTech. Not cheap, but had a 37Kw gain over standard on approx 15lbs boost. Car feels and sounds great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys im from Horsham, Victoria. Got a 08 WRX Black with 19" XHP Jet Blacks, King Spring Super Lows, Turbo XS Exhaust and matching front window tint. Anyone thats passing through Horsham let me know. Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
heya.. I'm steve... from Burwood NSW. Had the rex since May 08. Haven't done anything but looking to do a few things quite soon. My first turbo car so pretty much new to everything. Don't know much about anything actually!

I'm keen to get a BOV and exhaust but don't won't them loud... loud enough I can hear it, but not loud enough that wakes the neighbours up or in the low revs..

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey all ..i have an 08 impreza rx spark silver. bought it in sept 07. ive done 29,000km ( i live in central queensland and usually do around 2500 k per month :-\ ) its my 2nd suby.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts