Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, so I got a little carried away with acronyms but it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm still pumped from picking up an '08 black WRX sedan. Couldn't really afford the premium package and I'm already starting to regret it slightly. The nice thing is that I can piece together the body kit as I come across money so I guess it's not too bad. First thing will probably be the STi grill and then the spoiler. This stereo leaves a lot to be desired so that might not be too far behind either (I'm quickly realizing this was probably the worst car to get when trying to save money with the huge aftermarket support it has!).

So far I'm really liking it. I love starting the car up. It makes it seem like there's more than meets the eye with this car. Actually, while describing it to a friend, I said to them, "The little bastard can move!" and now I'm thinking of just nicknaming it "Little Bastard". It somehow fits!

This is my first Scooby but I fell in love back in the old school days when all we could get was the 2.5RS Coupe (still my favorite body style). I have to admit that it took a LONG LONG LONG time for this body style to grow on me and I'm still not convinced but with some aftermarket TLC I think I could get it looking right. I'm coming from an '06 Mazdaspeed6 and after that car I knew I had to have a turbo 4-banging AWD car.

I think one of my favorite things is Subaru's stance with [their] aftermarket parts. Mazda had one giant stick up its collective ass and I got tired of that one really quick. I don't want to go too performance crazy on this car but I do want to tighten up the suspension and get it to look better.

As for me, I live in Michigan (perfect AWD state) and work as a Web Designer. I'm hoping to get my girlfriend into a 2.5i sedan this weekend but insurance rates are giving her hell.

The outgoing car (I didn't have a chance to take pics of the new car yet):

- Jordan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: '08 OBD WRX 4DR 5SPD from MI and other acronyms

hey, welcome aboard! nice looking speed6 you had there. I work with a guy that has a speed6, they're nice...he likes my wrx better ;) nice to have another rexxer in the "D" fo sho

-b

·
Registered
717 Posts

good taste with the speed6. congrats on the new car man.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Welcome! I have a buddy with a Speed6 and it's a great car. But, you're right, there is more aftermarket support for the WRX.

Even though there isn't as much available for the 08 yet, the market will catch up and we'll be swimming in choices just like the 02-07 people :D

·
Registered
421 Posts

your MS6 looks really sweet! I'm guessing your new subaru will look equally sweet in no time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the welcome :D

On my definite upgrade list is the spoiler, window tint, sport grill, short throw, and exhaust (can't beat it for $300!).

I'm going to see if my wheels will fit but that's only a temporary fix because I wasn't the biggest fan of them in the first place (Next to nothing fit the MS6).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts