Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
just uploaded the stage 1 xpt map to my 08....runnin great...def recommend...he changed around the throttle so its much smoother instead of being WOT pushing the pedal down half way.....very, very, very torquey....def. recommend.

·
Registered
192 Posts
where can I download the stg 1 map?

·
Registered
102 Posts
how does this work? if i wanted to, would i be able to go back to the stock mapping, like i would with the accessport? thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
how does this work? if i wanted to, would i be able to go back to the stock mapping, like i would with the accessport? thanks
Yes, you can. Before flashing the new map you would simply download your existing map and save it in a secure location should you wish to revert back.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Opensauce is so much better and cheaper then AP. Can't wait for their stage 2 map to come out cause my AP will be gone in a heart beat. Already have a guy waiting to buy it. Beta stage 2 map should be out next weekend according to them so. Hopefully.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the stage 2 tune for testing right now, finishing up my exhaust right now and getting ready to log. I'll let you know how it is. Stage 1 is pretty darn good,
expect the same from stage 2.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You buy a tactrix cable http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=49&osCsid=8cfa26fc2edb6daec0d178b96dbc6df5

You use romraider and ECU flash (this is what makes an image of your ECU) Romraider is used to tune/log your car. Its very easy. Pretty much like the AP but cheaper.

Maps are about $50 if you want to buy them. A lot of tuners charge $150 for an opensauce road tune. I'm selling my AP and going opensauce as long as his Stage 2 map turns out good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
AbeePoo78: The tune is for an AEM CAI, not sure how it would work but I'd take the chance and log, check with XTP. I'm running a catless dp, spt cb and a k&n panel filter.

08lrWRX: Its good...

Compared to a popular AP OTS stage 2 map for the 08 wrx that I had, I'll take the XPT. Smoother, seems to breathe a little better at higher rpms, drivability is better.
Comes with an E85 map too. Wish we had it here, 400ft lbs...

·
Registered
646 Posts
had a xpt map on my last wrx..loved it...def plan to get the stg 2 when it comes out, until then this cable is a nice looking paper weight

·
Registered
382 Posts
had a xpt map on my last wrx..loved it...def plan to get the stg 2 when it comes out, until then this cable is a nice looking paper weight
You could start doing some logging for comparison sake, that is if you into that sort of thing.
The stage 2 should be available shortly from the looks of it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Waiting for the next map for logging, hitting over 18 psi and its a blast. He's very meticulous, gone thru multiple maps and more to go 'til its right. I'll make some third and fourth gear logs available for whoever is interested once the map has been finalized...
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I know its and old thread, but...
If I decided to go back to stock, will a dealer be able to tell I was ever in the ECU? I have an extended warranty, so this is important to me.
Thanks!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have an extended warranty as well, and I don't think I can wait another 40k miles for a reflash. Any info?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No they won't be able to cause you would load your stock map back on before you go there. You save your stock map on your laptop then load the new one from opensource

1 - 20 of 32 Posts