Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im actualy 20 but im going to hopwfully put it under my fathers name, so what would the insurance be like for a 45 year old? also does anyone know what they lease for?

·
Registered
519 Posts
No idea for an STi. But me 36 unmarried in a WRX is $65 a month.

Seth

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Its depend on a lot of thing:
- getting fine often ?
- Married ?
- other car insured (or house) at the same place ?
- Big or small city ?
- which kind of neigborhood

all those thing matter for insurance

im 25 married with two car insurance and im paying 1000$ per year for the WRX

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it will still be higher because you're on your dad's insurance so it lists you as a possible driver for the car

so it won't be what a 45 year old pays necessarily

but be prepared to pay $200+ per month - I'm 23 and that's what I pay on an 08 WRX

·
Registered
253 Posts
I pay 110 a month full maxed out coverage. I'm 25.

·
Registered
7 Posts
try with USAA 27 UNMARRIED 3 tickets 250 deductible ful coverage 83 per month ;)

i will have to ask if they accept civilian cuz thx god im in the service

·
Registered
137 Posts
try with USAA 27 UNMARRIED 3 tickets 250 deductible ful coverage 83 per month ;)

i will have to ask if they accept civilian cuz thx god im in the service
USAA dont except civillians unless there parents were in the military. I pay 60 a month 38 married 1 stupid ticket

·
Registered
1 Posts
me:
just turned 25
female
geico
have 2 cars with them and homeowner's insurance (if that makes a difference?)
good driving record (no tickets in a while)
metro dc area (nice area)
car driven 3000 miles per year
$500 deductible for collision / comprehensive, no added frills

=$776.74 for just the STI (would be $400 less without collision... would be an extra $40 for $2000 suspension upgrade, $2000 engine upgrade, and $2000 stereo. I got a quote for that hypothetically and that's all the information I gave them)

=$1376.88 twice a year for both cars (other car is range rover sport supercharged, driven 8000 miles per year with no collision coverage)

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can get a rate quote 'estimate' from Allstate.com that doesn't require you to put in any personal info. It's easy to fiddle around with the numbers to see what would be different if you were married or older, etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
im 22 i got a sti quote and it was $4000 a yr yes $4000 i pay 1400 for the wrx now through allstate thats full coverage and glass

·
Registered
344 Posts
25, two speeding tickets in the last :eek: three years, and one ridiculous payment of $225 monthly to my insurance company :eek:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
for me in my buttend of nowhere of a city for a N/A model it's 230 a month and i'm 21 full cover at my name and beleive me I searched a lot before signing with a compagny and my driver file is clean as a nun good luck with the STI I asked around for a WRX got around 5600$ a year :mad:

·
Registered
344 Posts
^^ :eek: Dude! You are making me feel better for sure ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
me??why?? ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am 23 years old and I have an 08 WRX (non-STI) which I pay $330 a month for its insurance. I know that's high, but New Jersey has very high car insurance prices, and I have enough speeding tickets (from my other vehicle) to wipe my ass with.

·
Registered
549 Posts
330?! thats like a whole car payment!

i pay 124 a month. suppose to be 100 bucks a month but they found that i had one point on record.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its depend on a lot of thing:
- getting fine often ?
- Married ?
- other car insured (or house) at the same place ?
- Big or small city ?
- which kind of neigborhood

all those thing matter for insurance

im 25 married with two car insurance and im paying 1000$ per year for the WRX
There are so many variables like these that it doesn't help much to know what others are paying.

You need to call whatever company you use and get a quote. And you might want to get quotes from other companies as well.

I used USAA until recently, because they used to have (by far) the best rates. Not true any longer. I saved $1,000 per year on the three cars I own by switching to Progressive.

But different companies will be cheapest for different people/cars/locations. So what's lowest for others won't necessarily be lowest for you.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I pay 231$ a month for my NON-WRX Impreza :eek: :eek: :eek: but As I live in a remote place with shitty roads insurances prices are higher but my drive record is blank. this summer though I'm supposed to get in with the compagny insurance group it should considerably lower ;D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts