Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was all set! Planning to buy a 09 WRX 5 door base. Just waiting on some to come in and noticed that others were getting awsome deals on 08 STI's

I didnt think anyone around here would give a good deal but just for the hell of it I e-mailed a few dealers to inquire on 08 STI's (Base). Most gave me the run around but one e-mail me with a legit offer.

$7000 off MSRP so $28,660 plus tax and title. 0% down for 63months.

well I figured out that with the $5K I was going to put down on either, my monthly payment would be about $30-40 a month cheaper to buy the 08 STI than the 09 WRX (about $400 a month)
I'm still torn about the decision and this is why

09 WRX
lighter than STI
Stg2 looks to put down close to the same WHP #'s as STG 2 STI
Like the red stiching (really do)
can get the color I really want DGM
insurance slightly less
Winter tire package (important for mr) is about $700 (wheels + rims) vs. about $1200 for the STI
No SI Drive
better WAF

08 STI
More HP OTD
widebody
Dual LSD's
Larger brakes
6-speed
Leather
HID's
more exclusive
Good discount + get it sooner
only can get it in (RED, silver or BLK) leaning toward silver.

Now I am 37 yr old, have 2 young children and the WAF is very important cause she knows nothing of cars and could care less if I drive a civic. Just has to have 4 doors and be resonable price and offer some utility for travel,
I feel the hatch of the 5 door sytle, the AWD and the general more grown up apearance of the wrx/sti will fit the bill.

I know what most are going to say but what are some thoughts on this. Of couse I'm leaning toward the STI (I'm not stupid) but having people confirm it helps out on the decision.
I will be able to print it out and show the boss (wife)
Anyone think I should go with the 09 WRX?
thanks.
???????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'll be the first... STI FTW!!! If you can't get a deal on it like that. Jump on it. You will def regret if you get an WRX and plan to put down 300+WHP then have to drop another 4k for a tranny swap. Go with the STi. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya thats what I thought!

Got a call tonight from the dealer. Seems very straight forward!
Think I'm going with the silver STI Base. Got to get Winter tires and rims though!

Very excited! Just hopefully the wife likes it because I'm planning on keeping it for a very long time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's a great deal on the STI! I'd definitely be all over that. Good luck getting the wife's approval.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WhoooooHoooooo!
Well I did it.
Got pre-approved for the 0%/63month fin.
Put a deposit down on a brand new 08 STI
Dark Grey Metallic
with
STI SS Shifter
Window Tint
Sport Grill
Auto Dim Mirror

$30,330 (+tax & Reg).
Insurance, full coverage will be $100 a month.

Very Happy! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congratulations man! Make sure to post up some pics when you can. I'm really jealous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts