Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick alignment questions...

What is everyone running alignment-wise? I'm trying to figure out a decent starting point. Are the factory specs really borked and inappropriate? I have about 0.25-0.4 degrees less camber in front and rear, on the driver side when there is no-one in the car. Is that normal? What is adjustable from the factory?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i am running about -0.75 deg camber in the front and -0.25 in the rear, adjusted w/ a full tank of gas and me in the car, call me anal... i had rallitek sways and sti springs installed already and wanted to increase it's cornering abililty so i got an allignment right away. i am quite happy w/ it. subaru has very larger tolerances on these numbers and it is nice to get the allignment done at a place that just doesn't want to kick it out the door and take your cash. hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
-.75 in the rear for me and -1.75 front (max neg using the camber bolts) :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
^ hmmm- that's a fair amount more neg camber up front than the previous gens were able to get (-1.3 - -1.5 was the norm max) :D

I have a little secret that should work on the 3gen (did on my 04) to eek out even a little more :)

oe spec rear camber for the 3rd gen is ~ -1.2, I'm assuming those who posted less are running camber bolts in the rear?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
are camber bolts something that come factory or aftermarket? if theyre aftermarket where can i get some?
Both, just check a couple vendors, they should have them available for you. I think there are a few brands that have them avialable now. some alignment shops on their own have some as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
the upper front strut bolts are eccentric and are used to adjust camber, no camber adj in the rear from the factory

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the upper front strut bolts are eccentric and are used to adjust camber, no camber adj in the rear from the factory
Are you sure that there's no rear adjustment from the factory? It seems kind of strange that they would provide a front adjustment but no rear adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts