Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new optional 08 DVD Nav system in action? any reviews on it? I am in Australia, but i assume its the same mdoel, but with different firmware.

Also, can anyone tell me the model number of it, or give me some specs on it? I am looking to upgrade the system, but keep that unit. I have a few amps i want to use and replace all speakers. Also, in Aus there is a speed sensor that stops the dvds from playing while the car is rolling, any idea how to de-activate that? Apparently the model number is FXDD07MF2. Even so, i cna't find info on it and kenwood are not willing to help. Can i plug amps into this unit or do i need to get a signal processor for it? So any input, info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have it in my 2008 WRX, DVD is awesome and sounds amazing with the surround sound. Nav is cool only problem is it uses dics so you have ot deal with the annoying sound of a disc spinning while ur driving. Audio is my only complaint you deff need to put some aftermarket speakers and subs if you want some serious sound because you wont get it from this system. It also uses an performance guage system so you watch ur air to fuel and others while driving basically displays the virual guages on the screen.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have it in my 2008 WRX, DVD is awesome and sounds amazing with the surround sound. Nav is cool only problem is it uses dics so you have ot deal with the annoying sound of a disc spinning while ur driving. Audio is my only complaint you deff need to put some aftermarket speakers and subs if you want some serious sound because you wont get it from this system. It also uses an performance guage system so you watch ur air to fuel and others while driving basically displays the virual guages on the screen.
I have a 08 WRX with nav and is there 2 different navs for it? And I know it does virtual gauges but I have not seen any Air fuel or any thing else the only one I have seen is throttle % and mile per gallon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts