Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you like and dislike about the 3GWRX?

What I like:
Clean simple functional styling. I got the base model without the bolt on aerodymanic pieces.
Low end torque.
For me, ideal driving position.
Interior design.

What I dislike:
Plastic fenderwells! They are so noisy in just rainy weather.
Overly sensitive electronic throttle. Hard to drive smoothly in heavy traffic, need to focus too much on throttle pressure.
Vague shifter gates.

I bought this car as a praticle daily commuter and am very pleased with the performance. I was looking to buy an Outback and noticed the new body style on the Impreza and liked what I saw. Took a WRX hatchback for a test drive and was impressed with the way it drove.

·
Registered
954 Posts
well i dont have a wrx, but so far my only dislike on my impreza is the rattles. i have one in the d/s a pillar, one in the guage cluster surround, my cargo pull over in the hatch area rattles like no tommorow. awesome car but i guess the first model year still has a couple bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
My rear pull cover rattles sometimes, you just have to make sure that it is in there good, closing it helps too. Other then that I really have no complaints, love the car. I do hear the brakes click over when I am cold start and backing up then going forward. Talked with Subaru techs about that, they said it was fine, but it is annoying as hell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve heard the same noise and it seems to be increasing in frequency. My impression is that it may be a CV joint. I will have the dealer look it over when I take the car in for service.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
my pull trunk cover also do craking sound from time to time also

·
Registered
421 Posts
my pull trunk cover also do craking sound from time to time also
It can be fixed easily like for mine.. the glove compartment closes with 2 clicks. So just close the compartment lightly, ensuring it clicks only once, and it should be tight enough not to rattle..

·
Registered
382 Posts
I’ve heard the same noise and it seems to be increasing in frequency. My impression is that it may be a CV joint. I will have the dealer look it over when I take the car in for service.
Same problem here. Must be common.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Some new dislikes...all I can live with...The side air vents reflect off the window right where you have to look to see the side mirrors. If your windows are tinted it is alot more noticable(sp). And, unlike the past WRX wagons, the rear window gets incredibly dirty. This is due to the fact that they didn't supply any venting over the window just in front of the rear spoiler. Oh, well.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Same problem here. Must be common.
I talked with my Subie service tech and he told me that there is some play in the brakes (pad and caliper). When you move the pad clicks into place depending on the direction. He told me the only fix is to put a bigger pad in there, but then you will go through pads faster cause it won't have the play. He said that it is normal and a lot of cars do it. I guess it is time to upgrade the brakes. Maybe find a wrecked STI and take the brakes off of it.

But, when you go in for service let us know what they say. I want to make sure that we are all getting the same story.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Will do.

Its so darn cold right now, and I'm living in an apartment, I haven't torn apart the car yet, but will when it warms up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, I think that you should still take it to the Subie dealer and have them look at it.
Oh I will after the holidays. I have to take it in for a scratch on the window. (It was there when I took delivery)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I REALLY like the VDC system. I've driven the car in snow at least 5 time within the last month, and the way teh VDC/TCS systems work is amazing! It is hard not to play with the system a little bit when driving in the snow.

I like the seats, as they fit me really well and provide gobs of lumbar support for me.
I like the quicker steering ratio, although I really have to watch it sometimes so I don't clip curbs.
I like the comfy ride. It's a refreshing change from what I was accustomed to.
I like the stock stereo in the base model WRX. It sounds decent and works just fine for me.
Passengers report the rear seat is very comfortable.
I like how the wheels looks, even if they are heavy.

I don't like the little intercooler so much.
I don't like the plastic intake manifold.
But as long as these things work, I really have no complaints.

The biggest thing I don't like about the car is that I just can't drive it enough!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
LIKES OF HATCH
fun
versatility (i have a family)
fun

DISLIKES OF HATCH (all of which i can live w/ or change)
price of premium gas!
front grille (putting sports one on)
rear chrome piece (can it be painted?)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Likes (I like many things, but I'll post the things that caught my eye.)

-Hood scoop (This is one of the nicest I've ever seen.)
-Seat fabric (I really like the material, it looks and feels great.)
-Rims (Nice rims for stock.)
-AWD & HP

Dislikes

-Front grill (Stock)
-Power windows (A little too slow and both the passenger and driver windows should have auto up/down .)
-Light indicator for passenger airbag (It looks like it's warning me for something.)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
dislikes:
-small spoiler especially on the sedan (it needs the big boxy spoiler!)
-small fender flares on the plain WRX (STi ones look 10x better, why not give them to both STi and WRX and leave base Impreza with small flares?)
-noise (rattles!!! and gravel and water hitting the fender wells sounds like the car is falling apart)
-lack of HID in WRX, lack of LED bulbs for turn signals and everything in both models (the rear and front turn signals are standard lights, while the mirrors and brake lights are LEDs... inconsistent and weird!)
-quiet muffler
-getting shocked every time I get out and touch the door to close it (maybe it's me)
-change tray in front of cup holders is useless, change flies everywhere if you aren't driving like a grandmother

also I agree the throttle is hard to control in 1st and 2nd in stop and go traffic

-shorter overhangs
-SEATS and overall driving position (MUCH improved)
-mirrors (I can actually see behind me!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
things that have annoyed me

STi fender flares made me pissed off. past years they were the same, and they look better now. I can stand a little one upsmanship (like in the past) but there is a big gap now
Cup holders are in a stupid spot for a manual
not impressed with the stock tires (bridgestone potenzas)
stock wheels are meh
grill is going to be replaced with sport
no boost gauge
the sound system would be perfect with one of subaru's stock subwoofer/amp setups
VDC/TCS is default to on, it should stay on or off depending where you left it last
fog lights dont do shit
shifter is simply getting replaced
not a fan of clear lenses in the back
lack of aftermarket support as of yet (I want some damn window ventshades now that they're full framed)
no sunroof

things that I love
new styling (but there's a big spread between even WRX models, I cant stand the look without the rear diffuser on the back (I've got a premium package though so it's good)
low end power
stability at high speeds
heated seats, mirrors, windshield wipers (though the passenger one is off alignment, need to get that fixed)
sound system and 6 disk MP3
audio input and cell phone charger in arm rest
interior space
I like the euro style antenna
steering wheel controls are great

1 - 20 of 46 Posts