Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these yesterday and will install them tomorrow. I'll post pictures and a review when I can. "The STI JDM Pink springs for 08 WRX hatch are the first we've seen with rates and a drop that we think is good. Really good. Not super big drop, just 15mm. Solid bump in spring rate to 188 lbs/in front and 171 lbs/in rear."

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am supposedly the first one in the US to have these so I don't feel too bad spending 399 shipped.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What are the WRX OEM rates? Just a tad stiffer will be perfect with a decent swar bar setup for the DD's.
Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
217 Posts
mind if i ask where did u get those springs?? would like to see how it looks installed!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Racecomp Engineering. They posted on a forum that they had these (thanks google...). Really helpful and nice I would recommend them. http://www.racecompengineering.com/ I believe that they only had this set to sell. I would assume that they would be getting more of these soon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
thanks for the info... i pmed them on nasioc already... but i want to see how it look installed!

·
Registered
128 Posts
sxhmidog, how are the springs?? :D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I ordered racecomp engineering lowering camber plates for my old GC8 (direct from them), awesome product! Good guys there.

You could also try http://www.rallispec.com/ i ordered my jdm v6 tarmac springs from them...they came direct from japan I think...at least the newspapers that they were packed with would indicate so :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I grossly underestimated the time I would have to install mods :p . I'm looking for someone decent in my area to install them for me w/ my Perrin PSRS. I would guess a week or so before I get them finally installed... sorry for the delay. *Attempts to light fire under own ass*

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was scrolling down for after pictures.... they werent there. :'(

haha I hope you get them on soon! i bet you are crazy anxious.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't stop drumming yet...

DF = Driver's side front
PF = Passenger's side front
etc...
Measured from the top of the wheel well to the center of the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The drop is noticeable while sitting in the car. The increased spring rate is also immediately noticeable. The car feels much tighter. I will update after I've driven more, I've only driven a couple of miles from the shop to my apt.

·
Registered
217 Posts
nice drop!! i got the springs in today... and will install them on friday!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sweet man!!

These wouldn't happen to be the same STi "pink" springs on subarugenuineparts.com would they? I received mine on monday and I can't wait to see what they feel like!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet man!!

These wouldn't happen to be the same STi "pink" springs on subarugenuineparts.com would they? I received mine on monday and I can't wait to see what they feel like!
nice drop!! i got the springs in today... and will install them on friday!
I'm waiting for racecomp engineering to verify this, but I'm about 90% certain these are different springs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice so looks like about a 5/8 drop, did this help with the roll?
It seemed to. I'll post again tomorrow after I drive to work. I don't want to push it real hard since my front sways are rattling like crazy, need to get that taken care of before I really test these.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
What is the subaru part number off yours ? cause i remember to have read somewhere that the STI on sales right now are the same part number as those JDM pink

1 - 20 of 53 Posts