Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the taillight overlays from harman motive and didnt want to pay a pro 3m dood to install them so I just let my bro do it. Turned out pretty good. He said the curve in the taillight was a bitch cause there was a curve in it. He had to stretch the shit out of the overlay to get it to properly align. There was some bubbles but nothing noticeable. Im very happy with it. I think it makes it look a whole lot better. I bought full red overlay but decided to cut out the reverse to it is street legal.

I also put in the Cobb AP stage 1. The car feels alot more responsive. Im pleased with it. Im just waiting on Rallitek or Perrin to release a high alititude 91 octane map for us canadian guys.

Pic of the sport grille that was put on a few weeks ago:

Almost done, one more piece to go:

Overlay kit done. I think it changes the look of the rear in a good way:

I decided I wanted the reverse clear to keep it legal, and so people wouldn't get confused when I was backing up, so heres what we finished with:

I think it looks alot better, I hated the way the stock tails looked. Will be taking the emblems off tomorrow, hopefully its still as nice out. More pics to come when its done.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I really like the white. I am thinking this is the color I'm going with when I finally get the car.

The tails look way better redded out, I am also a fan of the 'legal' reverse lights. Possibly even going to cutout the turn signals would be good. I want to know who at Subaru thought these lights were a good idea. There are a lot of people who don't like them...though I suppose there are plenty that do. Can't please 'em all I guess.

Nice car!

joneSi

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the white. I am thinking this is the color I'm going with when I finally get the car.

The tails look way better redded out, I am also a fan of the 'legal' reverse lights. Possibly even going to cutout the turn signals would be good. I want to know who at Subaru thought these lights were a good idea. There are a lot of people who don't like them...though I suppose there are plenty that do. Can't please 'em all I guess.

Nice car!

joneSi
bluebatmobile.net has these overlays with the reverse and turn signal precut.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks Great man keep it up...out of curiosity what's that car off to the side I see some Black and Red Rims.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks Great man keep it up...out of curiosity what's that car off to the side I see some Black and Red Rims.

ohh thats my brothers 96 civic.

My parents also picked up an 08 Audi Q7 which i love driving. Never used to like audi but the Q changed my mind.

Les

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, I was thinking that was a civic. The fender and what appeared to be 4 lugs on the wheels. I'd know that look anywhere.

joneSi

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I was thinking that was a civic. The fender and what appeared to be 4 lugs on the wheels. I'd know that look anywhere.

joneSi

good call. I miss my 92 civic hatch. I may be finally getting back through an auction however which sucks. What I dont miss about the car is the front wheel drive and the massive turbo lag. :-\

·
Registered
537 Posts
AT first I didn't really know why people wanted to change the rear tail lights but I get it now, Its all about contras.
The stock white lights look good on darker colors like red, black, blue and maybe the dark gray but if your car is white or silver the light colored rear lights just seem to get washed out. The Red on silver looks good but those tail lights would look terrible on a red car (which is what I drive.)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you buy those precut from bluebatmobile.net??

When I finally get the car, I'm thinking that I'll take the car over to my 'tint guy' and have him do the windows AND the tails...would it be easier to have him do them with red tint, or should I get these and have him use them?

joneSi

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got these from harmanmotive.com.

I would suggest getting the film pre cut from bluebatmobile.net and letting your tint guy put them on. These can take more of a beating than regular tint. They are much thicker and have a fuller color. But its up to you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Noted. I'll order 'em up and have the tint guy do his thang ::) Keep us posted w/ pics. If you had a turbo'd civic, I can't wait to see what is in the works for this...

joneSi

·
Registered
153 Posts
Noted. I'll order 'em up and have the tint guy do his thang ::) Keep us posted w/ pics. If you had a turbo'd civic, I can't wait to see what is in the works for this...

joneSi
Absolutely! +1 for Bluebatmobile! Awesome guy and will get you what you need. I've dealt with him about 5 times now and never once has he let me down.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

joneSi
nothing for a bit. Im just started my Chartered Accounting modules so i wont have time for playing with my toys. I do plan on the AVO 380 or maybe a deadbolt 18g but im not sure. Dont really want to mod the rex hardcore just incase i have to bring it in for warranty. If anything just the avo380 cause the stock fuel system can handle it. All the mods i am getting a for sure going to be reversable for visits to the stealership.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kinda pissed off! I was rear ended at a cross walk two mornings ago. Car held up well.
Took a few pics of the new sticker on the winshield too.

New sticker:

Bumper

Had a free day from school work and the girlfriend so decided to install a couple of things.

Pics of the springs installed:

Waiting for the paint to dry:

While the paint was drying on the wheels I ran out to Home Depot to grab some 3M double sided tape, and some garage door weather stripping. Took some of the weather stripping:

And turned it into a front lip:

The final results of todays day spent in the garage. Lowered, wheels painted, $25 front lip:

·
Registered
345 Posts
the wheels look sick i like that. Just sand scuff and paint??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^i used 6 coats of Engine Enamel with Ceramic. My bro paints wheels all the time with this paint. It holds up awesome.

·
Registered
646 Posts
looks good...those wheels turned out great...engine enamel works wonders on wheels it seems like

1 - 20 of 34 Posts