Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Get a Datsun 510!
Omg that thing is soo sick hahaha. I'm pretty set on the idea of the e30 strictly because I can buy one relatively cheap, throw a little money into it to make it reliable, and in a couple years park it at work and make it into a project!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i saw these once way back and thought they would be a badass project with an sr20 motor!
your project should be pretty interresting.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yeah but I think you need to upgrade the fuel pump...I think Cobb makes an AP for that engine.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah but I think you need to upgrade the fuel pump...I think Cobb makes an AP for that engine.
Perfect.. From what I just researched in the last 3 seconds the sr71 swap project should only run me 8mil but the downside is the fitment/ added weight. Could pose for a challenge but I'm ready for it!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Cool I can come by and help you change the engine mount bushings if you want, it doesn't look too hard.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cool I can come by and help you change the engine mount bushings if you want, it doesn't look too hard.
Sweet that would be awesome! I forgot to add the new engine mount bushings to my list of needed parts... better add another 300,000 to my budget :-\

·
Registered
418 Posts
jesus Brian your taking up the entire recent feed! I cant find any of my posts now! jerk lolololol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
jesus Brian your taking up the entire recent feed! I cant find any of my posts now! jerk lolololol
Hahahaha sorry bout that but this reply is going to do the sameee thing! Lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
The pic in your name is false, you dont have a wrx and your name is wrong too. it should be 08IWalkToWork lololololololololol just get a toyoata yaris and call it a day...

btw..............lmfao

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'd stick with a miata over an e30. I am very seriously contemplating buying a shell and swapping in a 13b from an rx7 that sitting on the floor of my friends garage right now.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i'd stick with a miata over an e30. I am very seriously contemplating buying a shell and swapping in a 13b from an rx7 that sitting on the floor of my friends garage right now.
My thought with the e30 is that I can DD it for now and put it to the side as a project in 2 years and re-build it at that time. I want something I can drive for the time being though... The Miata just dosen't make sense as a daily. Right now I'm still pretty dead set on the e30 but we'll see

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Reviving this topic from the dead because well.... I bought a Miata a year later! I had been driving a 94' Maxima and it was just not cutting it. Sold it last week for $1700 and Picked up this un-molested 91' Miata with 61,200 original miles. Yes... It probably has less miles than a lot of you 08' Wrx owners :p

So far I'm just really going through the entire vehicle replacing everything that is worn out. Trying to get it back in tip top shape. It's not in perfect shape, but it looks pretty good! So far I have just done a few maintenance things, but the throw out bearing has a consistent chirp so I will be doing a clutch and bearings pretty soon. Also has a stumble in the first couple minutes of driving but as the engine warms up it gets better!

Anyway.. On to the pics!!!

Had a pretty nasty fuel leak that was luckily a free and easy fix :) There is an access panel behind the seats that I removed and found the leak to be coming from this hose so I swapped it with some hose I had lying around in the shop!

I will have to get some better pics tomorrow. These were mostly from the first day I got it and the car was filthy. I have been detailing the thing every day for the past week little by little.

For the future I have some plans for some suspension mods, wheel's & tires. And also wayyy down the road i'd like to install a Flyin Miata Turbo kit! Apparently this little 1.6L LOVES boost and needs no built motor to throw boost at it!

So far, this car has been a blast. Even though it only has like 95hp... The thing still feels quick because it's so light! It handles amazing too! I feel pretty comfortable taking turns wayy fasted then I used to in the 08' Rex!

Stay tuned.... there will be more updates here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I applaud you for being able to go so far backwards and have the balls to post about it. LOL. I hate Miata's. But really, how'd do you do it?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I applaud you for being able to go so far backwards and have the balls to post about it. LOL. I hate Miata's. But really, how'd do you do it?
You asking how I found the thread? I remembered posting I was thinking about getting a miata so I searched "miata" on the site search lol.

Never thought a miata could be so much fun... but damn it's a fun little car. Have you ever driven one? Curious why you hate them haha

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never driven one. My friend drives his mom's around loves it. I think my dislike for them came when I was working in San Diego and this prissy ass architect who reminded me more of a woman than a man drove his around with the top down all the time. I decided he was a fag, and his car was too. LOL. Not very fair way to judge, but i'm a quirky dude.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've never driven one. My friend drives his mom's around loves it. I think my dislike for them came when I was working in San Diego and this prissy ass architect who reminded me more of a woman than a man drove his around with the top down all the time. I decided he was a fag, and his car was too. LOL. Not very fair way to judge, but i'm a quirky dude.
Hahahaha fair enough! I drop the top if it's nice but definitely feel like a tool! I think I will feel like less of a tool once its dropped and has some nice offset wheels and a rollbar. Looks badass that way with the top down haha

21 - 40 of 109 Posts