Subaru WRX Forums banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Anyone have any gauges for sale? Looking for boost, water temp, and a wideband! Luckily I have time to wait for deals to pop up (Which is how I bought this DDMWorks radio surround/ gauge piece)

Love how flush the radio sits now!

I am still waiting for my manifold/ Downpipe to get finished from ARTech!!! And I thought my pods took a while to make.... damn lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Ordered my wheels. Coils and tires next! Still a few pieces to pick up for the turbo setup also, but I wanted to make sure I have traction and suspension squared away before throwing more power at it lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
man i totally forgot about this thread, awesome to see the miata looking so baus!! :)

if you wanna go alcy/water injection i need to sell my aem kit one of these days haha. what size wheels are those? i have the tr motorsports on my 99 (15x9) and they rub on my front springs if i go full lock. bonus at the end of this quarter = flyin miata wheel bearings and the vmaxx coils! what coils you go with?

carl

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ordering vmaxx coils when I get back from Jamaica! I also need a fender roll and maybe a slight pull... We'll see. The wheels are 15x8

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
baus?
bauce?
hmm

anyhow...nice work man!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
why is it that all i ever see are red miatas? is that the only color they made?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Plane just landed! My wheels came in the day of my wedding last Saturday and of course I couldn't resist stopping by to snap a few pics! I'll post em up later

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Manifold progress!!! It just needs the Tial EWG flange welded on! I can't wait to hear back from him about my downpipe, and exhaust!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
More manifold progress, downpipe progress, and coilovers have been ordered!

Downpipe... Should be finished tonight. Exhaust will be fabbed up next!

Coils (Should be here by the end of the week or early next week...)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Oh hey there sexy downpipe!

This weekend- Roll fenders

Next weekend - Install coils that will be here on Tuesday

2 weekends from now - Order tires!

Busy, busy, BUSY!!! Gotta say... I love this damn car and it's not even fast yet!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Coils came in yesterday!

All assembled with NB top-hats!

These are getting installed on Saturday... can't wait! Wheels go on in a few weeks and I will get it aligned at that time!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
haven't posted up yet but i've been following along and really makes me wish for a new project car. not familiar at all with miatas but it's been a lot of fun reading and watching - keep it up and keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks! This is my first time doing a custom turbo set - up, and it's definitely been a learning experience haha. I knew nothing about miatas other that they looked cool with a drop and some wheels and had the potential to be quick with a turbo. This thing is fun to build and parts are relatively cheap compared to buying wrx stuff. I'll be sure to post some pics this weekend with the coils on and again in a few weeks once I set my wheels and get the alignment done. After that, I'm gonna have to save for a few months so I can knock out the last few turbo parts I need - Ecu, bov, smaller intercooler (evo 8 one I have is going to be too big), fuel injectors, gauges, and a few other misc stuff I'm sure I'll need lol

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
what forums are the best for the information you're looking for when it comes to turbo'd miatas? what kind of suspension setup are those coils designed for? what are your goals for the car and power goals? sorry if this has been posted but i missed it and/or forgot from what i've ready already.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Miataturbo.net is the only place with good turbo specific info. These coils aren't anything crazy.. It's really just a street set-up. I just wanted height adjust-ability and good handling for street driving.. there isn't even any dampening adjustments on them lol. Anything beats my stock blown crap right now, but these would even be an upgrade over new stock suspension, and they were cheaper than factory replacements. I might do an occasional autocross or a track day event here and there but nothing too crazy. I really just wanted a fun street car.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So got my coils and new ball joints installed on Saturday...

Car got all herrafrush and stuff... But no seriously it didn't stay like this long. I did drive it home riding on the bump stops because me and my buddy were starving and damn tired from fighting the ball joints all night. Threw it back on the lift this morning and raised the collars a couple inches. It still needs to go higher but I'll do that next weekend. My tires should be ordered next week and I will get them on as soon as they get to me, as well as a nice alignment. Over all the coils feel good but I haven't pushed anything yet because my tires are god awful lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Artech is THE MAN! Took forever to wait for all this stuff, but I wouldn't have waited this long for any other work but his. Everything is shipping tomorrow!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts