Subaru WRX Forums banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Wheels and tires are on and got my alignment done. Ready to roll!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Nothing exciting whatsoever going on in Mi-Otter land.... Did pick up a gv rep front lip which actually fits awesome for a $50 E-Bay piece... Happy with how she sit's look-wise. Just can't wait to finish paying off my wheels/coils which should be in early November... and I will start collecting money for the remainder of my turbo bits..

Still need:

Megasquirt ECU - $725
ID Injectors - $400
Tial bov - $250
Gauges - $200
Precision Intercooler - $300

Probably some other misc stuff that I am not thinking of.... That will mostly cover it though. I am hoping to have everything I need by April. Just in time for my birthday! Happy Birthday to me.... BOOST!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Grabbed a smaller intercooler..

Otherwise I would have tried using this ginormous Evo9 intercooler.... yeah wasn't going to happen haha.

Other than that... still tucking away $$ for the other turbo parts I need. blah getting bored and sick of waiting lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Not cutting any corners on this build, so I picked up a Ms3x ECU from a miataturbo.net admin/vendor who builds these in his spare time... Can't wait to get this up and running, just waiting on my LC-2 wideband!

Also got my oil/water lines and a stud set from Artech - The same guy who welded my metal parts

Also put a new top on the car this weekend... the old one was soo beat!

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
the car is really coming around, sir. i dig it. thanks for the posts. i feel like the only one reading this and it's funny how this is what i find interesting on this site now. a miata build on wrxforums but not many other builds are being updated or worth perusing, unfortunately. thank you for keep this thread updated!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks! It's been a fun project so far and I can't wait to throw some boost at it! All I need is injectors, boost gauge and a bov. Haha its a shame how slow this forum has become these days! I update on here a bit slower than the miata sites, but I make sure to check in on here once in a while when I'm bored at work lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Got the final turbo bits. Picked up 650cc injectors from Fic with pnp connectors, a Forge Bov, and a Prosport boost gauge. Now I need a bigger clutch. Everything should get installed in the spring at some point... Can't wait!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Heavy-Duty TOB

Clutch kit

Rear main install tool & new rear main

6 speed swap coming soon!!!

Also got my gauges wired up. ECU install will be in April. BOOST will be coming in July or August!!!!!

Upgraded my headlights... Couldnt stand night driving with the stock lights. HID kit isn't in yet but will be as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
dang dude. that's coming along for sure! thanks for posting the updates!
Thanks man! No problem at all lol.... I think you are the only one still following here but I check in once in a while. I'm getting so close to boost.. I cant wait. I'm excited to learn the ins and outs of tuning the megasquirt ecu though... Have a few miata turbo guru's stopping by my shop to help me get it up and running in April haha

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nope, im watching from the shadows as im interested in doing something like this myself, though definitely dont have the funding for it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
My ecu is up and running.... I gotta say.. Technology is amazing! All I had to do was set it all up in the car, tweak the target afr table, and click a button to "auto-tune" the fuel tables. It worked fantastic! I "cheated" a little and imported my afr table from a guy on the forums with a bone stock 1.6 that put down 126 on a dyno (not bad for a cat that makes 94hp stock). I'd imagine my car should be close to that right now... It definitely feels like it pulls a little harder.

Next step is to install my 6spd trans/upgraded clutch... Then my fuel pump, 650cc fic injectors, and retune...

Boost comes in July!!!! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Grabbed a rollbar. This pic is from when I first got it but today I sanded it down and repainted it. Came out very nice!

Had my manifold coated by Swaintech.

Currently back on my stock ecu. I have to send it back for a small repair in something the has to do with my idle.... Something was off and keeping my car from idling properly. Hopefully I can get everything running smooth when it's back!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Its been so long since I've updated this thread... A lot has happened...

- Rollbar installed

- Got rear ended in early June (Just now getting around to repairing it with my dad)

Repair started...

- Attempted turbo install late July... Found out my manifold was accidentally made with a 1.8 flange... Very upsetting at the time as I was already 75% finished with the turbo install. Put everything back to stock

- Started the car, engine is knocking... No idea what happened. possibly flooded motor and hydrolocked or maybe I accidentally dropped something into the intake and BOOM!

- Found 1.8 motor to swap in (Junkyard engine)... Motor was delivered to my work last week. On initial inspection, it looked dirty but I figured it would clean up ok

-upon further inspection (Removed intake mani) I saw a shit-ton of water on the back side of the valves and a ton of corrosion/ gunk... Called yard and demanded a refund or another motor. They agreed to send another motor (lower miles than the first they sent) ... This is where I am today. The next motor will be here Wednesday 8/20.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Got another 1.8 in amazing shape.... Been doing A LOT of work on it over the last month or 2..

Much better...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Sick dude
Thanks man! Only drove it semi-tuned for a couple hours yesterday! Hope to get a few more tuning days in between now and when its too cold to drive it anymore.. I'm still debating whether I should get it on the dyno now or in the spring. I called the tuner I plan to use and he can get me in right before Thanksgiving... I might get it professionally tuned/dyno's now and just have it done with lol

81 - 100 of 109 Posts