·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lol well then, well played.
How are the newer models? My mom's 2000 blew a rod randomly at 90k, then after the motor was replace blew a spark plug and coil pack straight out of the cylinder and needed the helicoil

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So far so good... This one is a 2012 limited with everything except Nav. Just got it in August. It's a company car so the price was right haha. I'll be getting a new(used) escape every year and the one I was driving prior will be rotated into my rental fleet ( I manage an independent car/truck rental company)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Been forever since I've updated this... "Finished" the build back in October 2014. Now tuned to 219hp/211tq. Car feels incredible!

Still adding/ upgrading things here and there.... Here is a bit of a re-cap since I last posted an update....

Out with the old...

In with the new!

3.9 Torsen

More install pics...

Catch can

One of the purchases I haven't found time to install yet!

Walbro 190hp installed

Re-sprayed rear damaged parts with the help of my dad who was a body repair guy for a long time.

Went to a meet

Dyno time!

New tires - Kumho Ecsta V720 205/50R15

I'll have to upload some good videos once I get some decent footage with my gopro and external mic... I have a few but nothing worth sharing yet. Still trying to dial in mic placement

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
love the update dude. clean. not a fan of the roll bar but I get it. freaking go kart I bet.
Thanks! It definitely is a lot like a go kart! Hopefully I can really wring it out soon with the new tires and brakes once they go on! Yeah the roll bar is definitely needed for safety. The look actually grew on me over time though lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Well, it was fun while it lasted! Decided to put it for sale shortly after I had it tuned and put the tires on (Figured as soon as I spend more money). It was up for maybe a week and it sold for just under 10k. I lost some money on it but I'm happy I got a large chunk back out of it. Reason for selling was the wife and I are expecting a kid in early January and I knew I wouldn't have time for the Miata anymore. I'm gonna have to live with the escape until the wife's escape is paid off (Yes we both drive Escape's lol).

I'm thinking maybe Focus RS, STi, Focus ST, Civic TypeR, etc.... I'm completely un-biased when it comes to cars, and I will be looking for something with more space, while being fun to drive daily. Not looking for the fastest car out there... just as long as its quick and not RWD. I want something I can pack the wife and kid into any time of the year and be able to get around... But there will also be days I want to drive to work and have fun getting there. I'll end up in something fun again just no idea what will be on the market by the time I'm ready to buy. We'll see what happens... Maybe I'll end up back in the Subaru community if the STi ends up at the top of my shopping list lol.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts