Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have already posted pics of my car when I first got it, but i've added a few things since then :) .. Nothing major yet, as im still saving for suspension mods and stage II!!! But a few minor things just to keep me somewhat satisfied in the meantime haha... Heres a few pic's!!

A few Shots from the coast of the Delaware River.. Just wanted to share.. Theyre just taken with a regular old digital camera.. nothing special.. I wish I had a real camera and could take good pictures but this is all I got for now lol

Hella's installed ;D

Boost gauge and Momo knob!

Was bored at work... decided to try the DIY front lip (garage door seal, 3M double sided tape, and a few self tapping screws just incase ;D)

*UPDATE* - Decided to go ahead and tint the tails and paint the chrome in the grille today!!!! Very satisfied with the end results of both!! I'm going to be modding the grille even further with a mesh insert soon but didnt have the time to get into all that today Haha!

Grille -

Tinted tails -

·
Registered
954 Posts
Re: 08 WRB

where in nj you from?

·
Registered
954 Posts

ah thats a trek. im in hunterdon. kinda northern central jersey. i got few friends with wrx's and we cruise and work on cars all the time. figured id invite ya if you were closer

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Damn... shame i'm not closer! lol Theres not too many 08's down here... wish there were more but at the same time I like having a car that isn't popping up all over the place haha I was actually born up in north jersey but pretty much moved down here a few months later lol... Still have some family though in ridgewood that I visit once in a while... I like it up north lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 08 WRB *Updated pics DIY front lip* !!!

Added a few pics of my DIY front lip!!! Was bored at work the other day and had to do something haha... Ill take better pics in the daylight soon!

Next Projects...

1.) Custom grille, I already have gutter guard so this will happen asap!!!

2.) Tint tails - I located a speed shop that sells VHT nite shades, so I wont have to wait for shipping from e-bay :p

3.) Paint wheels (Dark grey or matte black... still havent decided) - This will happen as soon as I can dedicate an entire day to this project... I'm gonna do it right... take it into work and dismount tires and valve stems and all that good stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looks intense good or bad? Haha I like how it sounds more than I like how it looks... I kinda regret not being patient and waiting for the SPT, but at the same time.. The sound of it makes it worth it lol.. As for the lip... Just give it a try... It was really easy to do, just apply the double sides tape to the lip and clean the bottom of your bumper thoroughly... Then just carefully line it up starting at one side of the bumper and just go straight across... Then of you decided it turned out good, then add some screws for extra strength... In the end if you don't like it, just take it off and you are only out $15!!! Haha

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

intense is good, i like the way cans look, especially when theyre at an angle...

I might end up changing the muffler on my UR cat back to a nice JDM style one..

and maybe ill give the lip a shot next weekend when i get my car back, what are the materials i need?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

All you need is the garage door seal, and a roll of 3M double sided tape. The seal is almost like a foam, so if u go to home depot and ask where the garage door seals are, you should see one that looks like it should be a lip( it will be rolled up in a plastic bag)... I'll try to take a pic of the bag if I can find it lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: 08 WRB *Updated pics Tinted tails and Front grille chrome painted* !!!

Updated with pics of painted chrome piece on grille and Tinted tails!!! I'll have better pics up as soon as I get home and snap a few with a real camera ;D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks a lot man! It was maybe 1foot too long so yeah, your gonna have to trim it a bit. Basically I attached a long strip of the double sided tape to the seal, and just started running it along the bottom of the bumper. Once it was all the way across, I used a razor blade and cut it to where it looked good. A razor blade will cut through this foam material like butter, so its very easy to trim and the cut is very straight. Make sure you get the foam lip and not a rubber one though, I've heard there are 2 different types, but the Home Depot I went to only had the foam one lol. I've heard that the rubber one is much harder to work with, and dosent keep its shape very well. Just my .02 cents though lol

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

sweet deal brosef, ill try to have it done before thanksgiving so i can put some picks up before we all dig into our birds!

dude, i dont know about you, but nothings better than eating at your house, than going to your girls house and eating there! STUFFING!

sorry, im easily excited lol

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

lip looks good.. is it foam or vinyl? I have been searching it and i see 2 types rubber and vinyl/ just curious because I think im going to try it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Haha yeah man! I'm getting pretty pumped about it too!! I'll be eating dinner with my girl at my family's dinner.. then heading to the girls family for a round 2 + Dessert!! Haha thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

lip looks good.. is it foam or vinyl? I have been searching it and i see 2 types rubber and vinyl/ just curious because I think im going to try it.
I forget what the package actually calls is... I think it says rubber but its in a plastic bag and if u actually squeeze the material through the bag, it feels like foam. Just make sure its not the hard rubber material and you'll be fine!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

thanks.. I will be attempting when I get some days off..

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is what the package should look like...

Only thing is... I took this pic from another thread, and im not sure if its the same one I used.... But it did look exactly like this package. Just make sure u give the seal a squeeze and check if it feels foamy 8)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts