Elevation: 15-45 Feet Above Sea Level
Weather: Sunny
Tires: Dunlop Sp 225/45/17

Car: 2009 WRX
Tuner: Jon @ HB Speed
Dyno Info: Dynomite
Peak HP at RPM: 320 @ 5k SAE Correction
Peak Torque at RPM: 335 @ 4.5K SAE Correction
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: ???
Target Boost: 20 PSI
Target AFR: ???
Fuel: Pump 91 Octane
Engine/Power Modifications:
Cobb AP
Stock VF 52 Turbo
Stock Header (PnP by wrxsubiemod)
Walboro Fuel Pump
Prodrive 3 Port BCS
AEM Intake
Perrin FMIC
Perrin TBE
Perrin Up Pipe
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose

Other Modifications: Kartboy SS w/ Bushings

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man your making me rethink my whole projected setup. Nice numbers. Those are the Perrin Headers?
Thanks, I hope to eventually get some engine bay pics up. As for the headers they are actually the stock headers port and polished ill edit the post right now...

·
Registered
171 Posts
wow those are some great numbers, Makes me think I will neveer change to a bigger turbo. I just want to have 300 or so WHP and it seams it is possible with the stock turbo. I may not want to go front mount but only because of the cost to do it. 320whp should put you in the low 12's if you can hook up right?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what it would run. I would be pretty happy with low 12's ;D I want launch control for the AP because that would help my 60'' a lot. I have not had a chance to do a 0-60 yet on the AP my best on the old tune was 4.5 with a 60 foot of 2.0....

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Nice numbers! I need to get an EL header and retune :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice numbers very impressed .what was done to the header ?

Its nice to see that power from a vf52 just got one can't wait to get it on man oh man 300hp would make me happy forsure .
I believe when they Port and Polish the inlets and outlets diameters get increased. They also smooth them out for easier air flow.

Nice numbers! I need to get an EL header and retune :)
Thanks. I still wanna see your dyno! Looking at my other thread it looks like there are still alot of TQ that could be gained with the EL Header like BoostAddict. I am hopefully done modding for awhile. Hopefully. But my next motor mods would be Injectors+ DOM 2.5 XT-r and maybe headers but thats all down the road. In the summer I might do springs and sways...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good numbers bro!
I need to get pro-tuned, but alas is a spendy afair.
Dunno if I sent you an e-mail or not but the TMIC arrived and was installed nearly before UPS was outta my parking lot LOL!!!
I wanna see if there is an aftermarket intercooler splitter for our cars, judging by what I see when I close the hood and the markings on the TMIC, seems as if it is not getting all the air possible.

So does your car pull like a freight train now or what?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey well depending on your mods maybe I can send you my old map.....

The tmic was nice because from like 3k to redline the car pulled strong and hard...

Now with this new retune while driving it hits really hard at 4k and seems to drop off a little at redline....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After 3 0-60 runs with the AP launching no higher than 3.5k the clutch slipped on my third attempt :'(

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After 3 0-60 runs with the AP launching no higher than 3.5k the clutch slipped on my third attempt :'(
how many miles and launches on that clutch?
it's the stock clutch that came when I bought the car new. It has 17,000 miles on the clutch. About 10 or less launches all done at 3.5k rpm or less : )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pretty awesome and cool to see how the mods are with comparison to the dyno numbers. Seems like you're getting a lil extra power with still having a stock turbo.

I'm most interested in hearing what you tihnk about the Short Shifter set up you currenly have vs. the stock...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty awesome and cool to see how the mods are with comparison to the dyno numbers. Seems like you're getting a lil extra power with still having a stock turbo.

I'm most interested in hearing what you tihnk about the Short Shifter set up you currenly have vs. the stock...
Ya the extra power is nice especially with the stock turbo. In a straight line my car is faster than my friends dad's Porsche Cayman S.

As far is the shifter, it is one of my favorite mods. I helped my friend install it the bushings were a little harder than the short shifter it self. It is a mod were you can feel the difference right away. The shifts are shorter and more crisp it kind of seems like it offers a little more feedback. Makes me think I have a sports car ;D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Judging by your old dyno sheet the only diff in our cars were you have an AEM intake and mine is stock, and I have access to 93 octane and you are in Cali.
I have Cobb AP, invidia catless DP, the Perrin TMIC(woohoo thank you!), and the SPT catback.

Depending on cost I may see about getting a full 3" CBE fabbed up, I dont like how it goes from the 3" DP to the 2.5" SPT pipe.
I am not convinced I am getting a good seal there, just seems like it would be easier with both pieces being 3" diameter.

Tomorrow will be my first road trip since the TMIC install so I will have more of an opportunity to open it up a bit and see how it does.....sucks living in a small town with small town police.
-Mikey

Hey well depending on your mods maybe I can send you my old map.....

The tmic was nice because from like 3k to redline the car pulled strong and hard...

Now with this new retune while driving it hits really hard at 4k and seems to drop off a little at redline....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts