Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie here for both the forums and owning a Subaru WRX. Here's the short story and if you want more feel free to ask. I brought two mechanics with me to test drive this 09 WRX. It had recent repairs that were typical with the mileage it has on it (164k), head gaskets, water pump and timing stuff and clutch with pressure plate. Seller kept all the receipts and what not too. It test drove like I expected and both mechanics approved. It needed some body work for sure but overall it seemed nice for my first toy car. Well as soon as I sign the title and give the cash to the seller we drive back home approximately 45 minutes away. Whilst driving home and dropping off one of the mechanics at his house the WRX would not go in reverse to leave his driveway. The mechanic then tried himself and could not get it to shift in reverse. Well needless to say we rolled it backwards and it drove forward just fine. A few days have passed and I start noticing that its getting harder and harder to shift into any gear like the clutch is not disengaging all the way. Mind you I only work less than 2 miles from home. So anyways now the only way I can get it to shift into gear is while the car is off put it in first and start the car in first and then continue to rev shift it to get it move. As soon as I get to a stop sign or red light it stalls out and I have to wait for the go and start it in 1st gear again. (So the following parts are all OEM and installed at a dealership). I had a few people at the dealership suggest that I start with the hydraulics. I changed the master and the slave cylinders. Still won't disengage from the clutch. Then they said try the clutch and pressure plate. Maybe the seller was just BSing me when he said he had it replaced even though I have the paperwork showing it was done. So I changed the Clutch, Flywheel, Pressure plate, Shift fork, Throw out bearing, and Input shaft bearing. Still won't disengage from the clutch. It moved to another technician whom thought that it still sounded like a hydraulic issue and tried to bleed the system again. He noticed that the firewall had some major flex and that the spot welds had come undone and causing the master cylinder to not do its job efficiently. Body shop tech fixed the issue with some heavy duty rivets and some washers. Still won't disengage from the clutch. When I press the clutch while the vehicle is on it will not go into gear but the vehicle will try to inch forward but with the vehicle off it goes into any gear just fine. Once the vehicle is starting and moving I can rev shift it and get it to go but in any gear and press the clutch the rpm's do not change and it acts as if its still engaged in the clutch. What am I missing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts