Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was cruising around on the web for yet another intake and look what I come across... Worth $1200? Hell no... I would however like to see what a non carbon fiber unit would cost though... And I think that this is on the right track for something that I am looking for...

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx_08/intake/blitz_08sus_cf.htm

Thoughts??

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
quoted from posted site:
"This is the perfect intake system if you are looking to add style to your engine bay or match your carbon fiber hood!"
Not speculating that it doesnt cause an bump in HP, but thats stupid expensive. It's kind of like those folks that get ARC stuff just for the heck of showing how deep their bank account goes. And the CF intake scoop thing, the OE one is very light already, how much weigh can you save? Probably none that would improve the car's performance. Probably better off vacuuming and removing some coins from the car.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
lol someone was tryin to sell one of those CF batteries in the for sale section, i mean, who the hell is goin to pay $350 for a freakin battery?? some people are just too much into bling

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
one word: ripoff

this is bling and nothing else. no offense if the vendor of this fine product is a member of the board though ;)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
OMG I spit my monster energy drink everywhere!! Why is my question! so you can have carbon fiber under the hood.. How about if someone wants this they give me half I kick them in the nuts and we call it a day ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow so I could have saved all my stage 2 money, and still not have enough to buy this...awesome deal ::)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yeah I still think this thing is a ripoff. even Subaru says the CAI is useless on the 08 -- it gives you maybe 1 hp if you tune it right.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
if this motor truelly is the same or very similar to the LGT motor, there are gains to be had with a CAI. However, over at LGT, there is a dislike for the SPT intake.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts