Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess if I ever get enough people interested in ordering a set of these wheels on NASIOC, I will be one of the first to run an agressive wheel/tire combo on the 2008 wrx Sedan. The specs are 18x8.5 44 offset with a 255/35/18 wheel. FLUSH AS HELL! When I drop it, I will have to roll the fenders but it is going to be mean. If anyone else is interested shoot Subydude a PM on NASIOC.

·
Registered
0 Posts
So I guess if I ever get enough people interested in ordering a set of these wheels on NASIOC, I will be one of the first to run an agressive wheel/tire combo on the 2008 wrx Sedan. The specs are 18x8.5 44 offset with a 255/35/18 wheel. FLUSH AS HELL! When I drop it, I will have to roll the fenders but it is going to be mean. If anyone else is interested shoot Subydude a PM on NASIOC.
drop us a pic dude !!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
954 Posts
i think you may need more offset if your going to run that wide of wheel and that wide of tire

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your going to get Matte Black? or do u mean flat black?
If you are, put me down on that list(pm me so i can be on the group buy)
I have been talking to Dan, I'm going for these wheels, but not sure about color just yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your going to get Matte Black? or do u mean flat black?
If you are, put me down on that list(pm me so i can be on the group buy)
I have been talking to Dan, I'm going for these wheels, but not sure about color just yet.
Register on NASIOC so you can PM Dan and get the group buy rate. They are going to be Flat Black like the Rota time attack wheels without the lip. The Grid in a 44 offset have a nice concave and can clear a big brake kit easily. I have not lowered my car yet and Dan said I should be able to clear a 255/35/18 with out rubbing. If I decide to go lower later on I will need to roll the fenders which will only run me about $175 at my local speed shop. Jump on the deal You don't want to miss out on the special introductory pricing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the deal goes through and I'm quite sure it will I plan on either debadging the emblems of painting them flat black to match. The mirror polish/chrome has got to go!

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
well finally i am sitting here photoshoping a set of gold grid on my car to get the idea of them on a 3g .i joined NASIOC after i seen the rims i want on the boat and mtm i will be following suit with the tire size ,i want some beef in my wells.i was on the ropes for the color ether gold, hyper black or white was what i was thinking brone is nice but i would like brighter with my wrb sedan.i wonder if sti pinks will be fine with the rims and those tires.PS first ever photo shop

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
yeah they were off a guys sti they look sweet i wish i could get the 9.5s to fit but i dont want headaches .so i will just go with what dan recommends i am just in the middle of the color choice gold, white or hyper black .he has bronze in stock but i can wait since winter is a month away .

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm going 255/35/18 or 245/35/18
18x9.5 Rota Grid +35

YES. I'm going for the super flush look..
YES. I know I need to roll my rears and maybe pull.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
VDMTOM that is the way i wish to be but my go with 235/40/18 and 8.5s. i will see , i want to see what kind of work you get into maybe before i go that way. i have been waiting to see that done on our cars since no one has .i wonder if you went with not as wide could ya get away from the pull and just have them rolled .well right now i am your biggest fan i cant wait to see those pictures and see the rims on your car .i was hoping to put on a set of sti pinks for springs and that be about it for lowering for me .

what color is you car ?
sedan or hatch ?
what do you have for lowering ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh, if i went 18x8.5 rolling would NOT even be on my mind.
STi pinks - eh, not much difference in terms of lowering, so basically your just as good as if you were stock.
I know with me going 18x9.5+35, i'll get more of you guys to join so i guess i'll be the example, no problem!

I have an 08 Impreza 2.5i. HATCH. And I'm lowering with eibach(1.4 infront, 1.2 rear)
Soooo. Yeah, I will be pretty flush !

Wheels are set to arrive last week of this month , or first week of next.
So, hold tight and I'll show you what you can do on a non STi !

=)

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
now we are talking .yeah i just want the siffness of the pinks my car you can feel the wind blowing it on the high way i just want less roll .well if you can get it to fit i am comming behind you then if its not a ton of work to make then fit no place to get fenders rolled here that i know of . :mad: i am in no mans land .all i am worried about is warranty and tring to keep some of it for a bit lol .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So my wheels will be arriving next month and I will be the first in the states to be rocking the new Grids in flat black. I decided to run a 235/40/18 so I won't run into clearance issues. I'll post up pics when I get them on the car.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I got some hyperblack grids on the way

1 - 20 of 22 Posts