Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here knows if our 2008 WRX is able to fit the brakes from the previous generation of WRX?

I'm close to buying a 6 pot Rotora Brake Kit from my local distributor, but the brackets are meant for the previous gen WRX.

Thanks!

Updates

I've found out our brakes are the same as the prev gens!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Big Brake Kits Cross Over?

you should i have seen some 08 with 06 Brembos on there sedans.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

you should i have seen some 08 with 06 Brembos on there sedans.....

yeah i'm just wondering if the brembos are installed on custom brackets.

I'll find out on Friday.. my brakes are arriving...

Anyway, you seem to have alot of 08 WRX driving around.. so far i've onyl seen 1 other 08 WRX...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

So, do the Brembos off the older models fit ours, cause this car could certainly use more stopping power.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So, do the Brembos off the older models fit ours, cause this car could certainly use more stopping power.
Hang on! haha the brakes are stuck at the customs... should be getting it on the 26th... if i have time i'll install it on that day.

·
Registered
29 Posts

big brake kits typically take longer to stop... they are just needed for heat dissipation on the track where stock stuff will fade instantly. its way easier to make your braking distance worse then better. wanna stop faster? get some stickier tires.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I've found out the 08 WRX uses the same brake kits as the previous gens!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
try AP racing Brake kits or Stop Tech i get those over brembo's anyday........... speaking of which anyone got any stop tech or AP racing brake kits for sale?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. Good luck on that! Lookforward to seeing you with it. Black brakes would look good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts